Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
My Warrior V2090 SC from Ed's Boat Sales...bad experience - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
Jinx, that is a VERY bad situation!

It does not sound like this dealership will be in business much longer!

Bob

well they are in Appleton WI and Greenbay WI and maybe more that i know of. i'm so fricken pissed i can hardly think straight...and... i just can't wait to see what else goes wrong.

just imagine what would have happened if i had taken the boat out without checking to make sure i had good water flow!!??! I actually think they knew about this and they were counting on me doing just that...then they could have said "oh well, your motor blew it had nothing to do with us as it was working when it left here!" i do not think they looked at this motor at ALL!

BOOM!!! woulda been an 8000.00 repair for my main motor alone.

Last edited by JinxCanada; 03-28-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

here's some pictures from back in January where they actually SHOW sand and he comments on it in the live wells
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0983.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	4073   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0984.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	4074  
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 AM
Charter Member

I would advise you to get some history on the boat. Possibly contact the manufacturer to see if you can get information on previous owners. I would think the boat was involved in a serious incident, grounding, sinking etc. If such was the case, I would think that information should have been disclosed to you at point of sale. You may have legal recourse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Keeper

JinxCanada,
sorry to hear about all your trouble with the boat you bought. The dealer should've payed you the whole cost of the repair, people, dealers like this make me sick. How many other fisherman has this dealer screwed over the years, I'm sure you were not the first and won't be the last. There 2 of these dealers in WI I'm think there a lot more people out there that had the same experience.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Wallhanger

Dang. Thanks for the heads up. They have a Shamrock WA I was interested in. Guess I won't waste my time crossing the lake to look at it. My kids were looking forward to the ferry trip too. LOL
Old 03-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Keeper

I live right by this dealer and would be curious if they have a limited warranty on used boats like the dealer I normally deal with.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I would advise you to get some history on the boat. Possibly contact the manufacturer to see if you can get information on previous owners. I would think the boat was involved in a serious incident, grounding, sinking etc. If such was the case, I would think that information should have been disclosed to you at point of sale. You may have legal recourse.
I agree with Shellback! I would try to check the history on this boat. Sounds if this boat was involved in an incident or it was a Southern boat that went through one of the many hurricanes. This has been true on many cars!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

Prime example of why I don't buy ANYTHING I haven't personally looked at.

Sorry for your situation, and good luck with it.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Wallhanger

Bummer, but you did get a "free" TR-1 so it's not all bad...

How could the power tilt/trim not work? The motor needs to be trimmed up to trailer it and trimmed down to do the work on the motor (drop lower unit, etc.) and then trimmed up again to trailer it. At that point you found that it didn't work? That seems strange...

Sorry to hear of your trouble and I hope it all works out - hopefully this is the end of the "discovery" phase of your boating experience.

Good luck!

Scott
Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Wallhanger

I do have a history on the boat.... No damage or insurance claims. I'm the 3rd owner. This dealership basically screwed me znd I want as many people to know so hopefully no one else gets burned like I did. The trim worked intermittently and now doesn't work at all. I'll find out the cost today hopefully so I can get out fishing!