Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Fishing in Missouri??? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Minnow

Default Walleye Fishing in Missouri???

Down here in the south there are Walleye believe it or not. Usually they aren't targeted as a species because not many folks know about them. My father and I have known about them for sometime around our reservoirs and the popularity is picking up. I've fished for walleye in MN and Canada and have caught some trophies. That said I would like to catch more walleye around my area. I live with in 20 minutes of Lake of the Ozark's, and an hour to Stockton, Pomme De Terre, and Truman. There are walleye on all of these reservoirs but finding steady walleye fisherman to share info with is tough going. Has anyone fished these lakes? We catch walleye in the early spring running up the rivers, around here the water rarely freezes solid so should I fish the rivers in the winter too? Were should I go with the water temp at 37 degrees or so? Deep points? Bluff Walls? Use a spinner rig? Jig and minnow? Fish deep brush? Any help counts here fellas. I am also wanting to get a new walleye boat but I think to keep from getting this deleted I should post my questions on that over on the boat side. Thanks again and good fishing.