Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
what to use for Rum River walleyes? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2001, 08:15 AM
Keeper

Default what to use for Rum River walleyes?

Hello all, this 1st week of June I will be heading down to Andover/Anoka area MN. me and my uncle porbally will be going on a 3 or 4 day fish trip down the rum river for walleyes. I was wondering what you would suggest to me to use for lures and bait?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2001, 10:03 AM
RumRat

Default RE: what to use for Rum River walleyes?

There are no walleyes in the Rum..............Try the Mississippi up from the Coon Rapids dam, you will love that area...

The Rat
Old 03-21-2001, 10:10 AM
Gary

Probebly jigs and a minnow size depends on current.You might also want to use a leech,and possibly some lindy rig fishing with a minnow,leech or worm. Good fishing to you.If you ever gt up this way give me a call , I have a very good guide service.
thanks Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2001, 03:47 PM
Keeper

I have a picture to prove it rumrat if you want to see it.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
bittna_437

Default rum river walleyes

I grew up on the rum and have caught several nice walleyes. I've had the best luck with the lindy rig and nightcrawler or if you are in a boat i want use a jig and minnow or nightcrawler. The jig size will depend on the current of the river. Good luck
Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

There are likely a few walleyes in that stretch of the river, but there are lots and lots of small mouth bass on that section of river that provide great sport.

If you want to catch walleyes, go down to pool 2 on the Mississippi river below the St. Paul Airport. This section of river is catch and release, but it is not unusual to catch lots and lots of walleyes in a given day.
There is also the chance to catch many other species in that section of river also.

Since it is catch and release, you can catch them over and over, and others can catch them as well.

Take care
REW
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Really, there are NO walleyes in the Rum River....... There are lots of rocks, stumps, and snags....but no walleyes. Your best bet would be to follow REW's advise and fish the Mississippi but in the pool 3 and 4 area... lot of nice walleyes there.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."

— Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Tradocdsoy

Default Rum

i live on the Rum south of St Francis... There are Walleyes in both summer and winter... Jig and crawler
Old 06-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Old Geezer

Talking HUH-14 years ago...

That has been one long float...
Is he back yet...
Oh never mind...I am confused enough...
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Keeper

hard to believe that I have used this site that long. That use to be my old username.