Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
20-30hp Tillers - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Unlogged

Default 20-30hp Tillers

Who is offering the lowest price on new 20-30hp tillers with electic start; 2 strokes and 4 strokes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

I'm not sure there are any two strokes in that HP range that are newer two stroke technology. So the old conventional two stroke technology, would most likely be your lowest priced motors.

I'm sure if you looked at all brands and considered new left overs from 2007 and 2006, you'll find low prices on newer technology motors.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

I realize you said lowest cost, but I'd be hard pressed not to look at the 25/30 Mercury EFI 4-strokes, or the new for 2009 Evinrude 25/30 E-tec models. EFI is sure nice to have, no playing around with carbs, chokes, cold-blooded motors. But, they won't be the cheapest.
HRG
Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
This or That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
I'm not sure there are any two strokes in that HP range that are newer two stroke technology. So the old conventional two stroke technology, would most likely be your lowest priced motors.
The 25/30hp Evinrude E-TEC will of course be a direct injected 2-stroke. Looks to be priced similar to Merc's 25/30hp 4-strokes.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Wallhanger

Default 20hp

I wanted a motor I could take off myself for storage so I got a new this spring 20 hp 4 cycle Merc with elec. start and tilt. Prices are high as it's a new model still, but it was worth it. I've already tried to start it when it was already running cuz I couldn't hear it.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

I didn't know E-Tec expanded their line to the 25/30 class. That's good! There needs to be a modern technology two stroke in this class.

I owned a 1998 Merc 15 hp two stroke for awhile powering a Lund Rebel. I traded it in for a Suzuki 30 HP four stroke. I could not believe my fuel milage improved 3 times with that change. I'll bet the E-Tec milage is equally good.