Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
**New Walleye Central GTG Thread** - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Wallhanger

Default **New Walleye Central GTG Thread**

Okay I have some good news and you all can thank Allen for this. He asked about a bar/restaurant in the area. It spurred me to make a phone call to Stony Point Resort (The same resort that hosts the MWC)

So it turns out that........

Stony Point Resort is a VERY nice resort, two full harbors to protect the boats from the wind, restaurant/bar and his own boat ramp. He is right off of hwy 2 so you can still be at the north end of Leech to fish in 20 min or head to Winnie in 20 min ish. Or fish Cass/Pike bay.

I got a flat rate of $30 per night per person. This is a heck of a deal considering his harbor space provided, very nice cabins etc etc.

We currently have 5 committed to going now plus me makes 6. He has rooms/beds for as many that want to come. 10 guys, 20 guys ect.

Please PM your commitments and the dates you need a room. And provide me with full names of those coming and a phone number where you an be reached.

I will be giving him a list of the people committed to going. You can show up starting the 23rd of Sept. 2015 and stay through the 27th. If you want to come just Fri - Sun then that's fine.

Whatever the dates are that you can commit to, you will arrive, check in with the resort owner, pay for the amount of nights you're staying and bam! Go fishing!

Any questions then feel free to PM me.

FWIW we just got a facility to stay a very nice resort for peanuts per night!

PS here is a link to the resorts website

http://www.stonyptresortcasslake.com/
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Richie,
I'm not used to this "per person" pricing, how does that work? I see some 4-bedroom cabins listed as sleeping 16, which obviously includes 2 per bed in some rooms.

'splain me, please.

HRG
Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Wallhanger

Hey Terry,

It's not a per bed rate. It's per person. So if someone brings a significant other that person is also 30 per night regardless if a bed is shared. But I would imagine we can work around that *wink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehook67 View Post
Hey Terry,

It's not a per bed rate. It's per person. So if someone brings a significant other that person is also 30 per night regardless if a bed is shared. But I would imagine we can work around that *wink
I'm thinking John Candy & Steve Martin here. So, if there's a full-size bed, does the resort expect to put (2) in it, regardless if you know the other guy?

Like I said, I'm not used to the per-person pricing aspect. Normally, I see a "cabin" rate, and whoever wants to share that cabin splits the cost.

I like AllenW as a friend, but this could establish something new,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

HRG
Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Richie,
I'm not used to this "per person" pricing, how does that work? I see some 4-bedroom cabins listed as sleeping 16, which obviously includes 2 per bed in some rooms.

'splain me, please.

HRG
In the simplest form, it's easy to understand. You pay $30 per night for each night you stay there. End of story.

The more story of it is you probably won't be assigned to a cabin that sleeps 16 if you make reservations by yourself. If you have at least 6 or 7 other people they might assign you to that cabin.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
In the simplest form, it's easy to understand. You pay $30 per night for each night you stay there. End of story.

The more story of it is you probably won't be assigned to a cabin that sleeps 16 if you make reservations by yourself. If you have at least 6 or 7 other people they might assign you to that cabin.
Exactly!

And I am NOT sleeping with a snoring, farting, restless leg syndrome person. Oh wait, that's me

It's a per person per night rate to stay in a bed and use the facility. These are off season rates and not a weekend or weekly prime time rate which is based on a per cabin cost vrs a per person nightly cost. Basically just like a hotel nightly rate.
Helix 5

Old 12-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
I'm thinking John Candy & Steve Martin here. So, if there's a full-size bed, does the resort expect to put (2) in it, regardless if you know the other guy?

Like I said, I'm not used to the per-person pricing aspect. Normally, I see a "cabin" rate, and whoever wants to share that cabin splits the cost.

I like AllenW as a friend, but this could establish something new,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4

HRG
Now that's funny!

HRG this is a HUGE resort with plenty of room so we will all have our own bed to fart in.

FYI he did say for everyone to bring their own towel. He doesn't do towels (I guess) I bring my own anyways but for those who don't they will have to.
Helix 5

Old 12-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Wallhanger

Default Invite

If there is anyone out there that has been following the WC GTG on this thread or the other one.

I would like to extend an invitation to any of you out there that do not have or just don't want to bring their boat with a seat in my boat. I have two spots available at the moment.

So if you would like to go and you did not want to just ask if you could tag along then here is an offer to go with us. Just pay your nightly rate, pitch in on a little fuel and bait and let's go fishin!!!!

PM me your info and that you want to take one of the seats in my boat.

I am sure there are others that will have a spot or two in their boats also to share. But I am offering up the two spots in mine.
Helix 5

Old 12-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Wallhanger

Angry

Unless your going to just let them use your boat that is`nt going to work. Being as you GUIDE on cass i already have you booked in my boat!!! Lets not have any of these last minute changes. Wiredog
Old 12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredog View Post
Unless your going to just let them use your boat that is`nt going to work. Being as you GUIDE on cass i already have you booked in my boat!!! Lets not have any of these last minute changes. Wiredog
Now that's funny Mr. Wiredog

Of course I will be showing everyone spots to fish. I will have been up there quite a bit in Sept. so I better have an idea what the pattern is and where.

You can leave your boat at home and take a seat in mine Dwight. I just need to know if you would like to do that.
Helix 5