Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Garmin or lowrance? Please help - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Minnow

Default Garmin or lowrance? Please help

Looking at a Garmin echomap 53dv but noticed cabelas has lowarance elite 5 hdi on sale for $289. Garmin has a $100 rebate. I was sold on the Garmin but now second guessing. I am asking for your help Who has these units and how do they perform? Cost is not the final judgement but it does play a factor. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Sonar wise, they are probably close to equal. What I'd look for is the GPS mapping covering the waters you fish. Lowrance and Navionics does a very good job on some lakes, but not on others. Same with Garmin. I found Garmin best for my waters, you might find things different in your areas.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Wallhanger

I ditched my Elite 5 for a Garmin Echo70 and there is no comparison. The Garmin smokes it in every fashion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Keeper

the garmins have instant mapping where lowrance mapping units have to be done on a pc i believe....
Old 03-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
I ditched my Elite 5 for a Garmin Echo70 and there is no comparison. The Garmin smokes it in every fashion.
Same here, Ditched my Elite 7 HDI at the console and my 798ci SI Hbird in the bow.

Went with Garmin 73SV Chirp (Builds maps live on its own) and a 70dv touch (trying to make a 93sv fit now).

Lowrance had equally great 2d, but the Garmin walks away from it in every other situation.