Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New boat - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Minnow

Default New boat

I presently have a t180 starcraft. Purchased new in 98' and has been a super boat for me. Nonetheless, i have a financial window that has opened, so i would like to size up a bit and upgrade the electronics. Also very excited about the new yam 4 strokes... I fish 50/50 smaller inland lakes and Erie W basin. Also have wife and 3 yr old son, so needs to be fun for family as well. Three rigs are in the running:

Ranger 621vs. My dream rig. I think this boat would do well in all roles, and the wife likes the layout. Pricey, to say the least. Dealer situation not the best. One that is closest doesn't seem real eager, and I have a couple trustworthy sources that failed to provide ringing endorsments. Two sides to every story, but no warm fuzzy. 2nd dealer seems better but is 3 hrs away...

Skeeter wx2100. Closeby dealer but they sell far more bass rigs. Don't have one in stock. Looks like a nasty big wAter machine, but does it load as well as ranger? Good for taking my son bluegill fishing? Wife likes the ski pole option and jump seats. Doesn't look like white is an option... Always liked alot of white (at least on the outside, anyway

Grady white 20' CC If I lived a bit closer to Erie this would be the one. Obviously a great big water boat. Closest dealer is approx 2.5-3 hrs away, but they seem very knowledgable and insist they've rigged them with bow mounts I've always had a sweet spot for GW's. Anybody had one rigged with bow mount? Seems like it would be a great pleasure boating machine as well.

Sorry so long but this is a huge decision for me. Financially, this is probably it as far as purchasing a new boat with latest/greatest elect & power. I've read most of the posts on the site and I'm Still having some trouble making a decision. What a great resource!

Last edited by Cooldawg; 03-25-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

CoolDawg, Color is no issue with Skeeter just like Ranger. You can have pretty much any color you want. That's the beauty of glass boats.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Keeper

Default Triton 215x

You might want to look at a Triton 215x or the 215 Fishunter when it comes out in May.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Minnow

Default Ranger

Thanks for the input guys.

I was able to look at a skeeter. Looked like a super boat, but I think the ranger will be a bit better on smaller inland lakes. Triton looks to be a tough customer as well... I know I want 4stk yamaha, so I think I'm going order my dream tomorrow, which will be in a nick of time to get 5 yr warranty.

It's going to be ranger 621VS. Lotta' $$ but figure i won't regret it 20 years from now when I'm still enjoying it. Worst thing is the sales tax. ****, seems like they could cut us some slack on large ticket items...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Wallhanger

Hopefully it is the 300 offshore? With the matching t9.9 kicker! Go big or go home!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Minnow

Default Ranger

Yep, Exactly what I was thinking, BW. 300/ T9 all the way.