Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How many walleyes?? - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Keeper

You must attend a Browns game. After one of those you'll never miscount again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=phishfearme;2816825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanehi5 View Post
Our outfitter, Air Tamarac, on Hebert, requires his clients keep a running total,of type of fish and how many we catch.

what's the penalty for not performing the required counting?
and how could you possibly have time to count?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up experiance is a plus

The penalty is No Soup for you One Yr. The counting is done by both people in the boat, It may be hard for some of you guys who run out of fingers and toes, Mr Simon is correct in zeroing in on the bite takes Yrs. My 11th yr on the same fly to. There are spots on the lake if you miss by 50' you will get nothing. If you never had such a trip with that many fish I suggest you put it on your bucket list, My trip next yr will be the same week, contact me and I will show you personally Next yr.I can only speak for Quebec You will not find better fishing than on Lac Hebert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack77 View Post
I know that I shouldn't kick this dead horse but I feel the need to get something straight. The orginal post never asked how many walleye made for a good trip or how many walleye made for a good day. He wanted to quantify what catching "a lot" of walleye meant to different people, I have often wondered that myself. Unfortunanley this simple question was mis construed by some as a way to quantify what a good day meant and that poster even went on to apply his confusion to all americans in general. I admit that I got caught up in it as well. All of this becasue the guy wanted to know what "a lot" meant, not what a good day meant. I enjoyed reading what a good day meant to everyone, I think it is safe to say that most of us on this forum just enjoy the northern Canadian wilderness.
Thanks Jack! Someone who got it. Most of my stories in Canada involve a particular fish, or a bear, or a moose. I truly love the wild outdoors. I do NOT go to Canada to count fish. But if some guy drove 12-14 hours up there and is catching a dozen fish on a "good" day, I thought this post might help him realize what Canada is REALLY capable of. Why fish in a dry hole when theres better fishing up the road a few miles.
So now that we know how many a "LOT" is, let's hear everyones bear story!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 AM
mavs

"I've fished several places in Canada. Some better than others. Everybody says "we caught a lot of walleyes" But the term "a lot" seems to vary immensely.
So, my 2 questions are these:
1) When they are biting good, how many do you think you catch in one day?
2) How long is the "average" fish you catch?
Talking walleyes here. Thanks for replies. Feel free to withhold your fishing spot. I'm not after your honey hole. Just want to do some comparing. "

In my younger years a lot of fish would be 100-150 per day with three people. However, i find that fishing to get very boring rather quickly. Now I only fish lakes where you have shot at true trophy (28+) on every bite. On my favorite lake 25 fish/day with three guys is a lot!