Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FLW Red Wing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I Like Fishing

Default FLW Red Wing

I was wondering what happened in Red Wing during the FLW. I heard that a co-angler spilled his guts about a pro culling fish on day 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
komo unlogged

Default RE: FLW Red Wing

Didnt hear anything like that.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Insider

If it didn't happen, it should have.

Know for a fact that more than 1 co-angler observed (fished with) a person who culled fish. Know there were rumors of others. Know it went on before (previous year) as well as a person who culled confided that fact.

Some co's feel pressure not to say anything for fear of not having pro's to pre-fish/travel with anymore. or losing a weight that gets them some money...how would that be handled - pro gets no weight, yet co does? or all weight forfeited?

The vast majority of pros are stand-up folks and would/should welcome anyone who is known to stand up for the rules. We joke about golf, but the professionals there actually call fouls on themselves. It would be nice if we follow suit.

Then there are the examles of a "slightly" foul hooked fish that gets turned back - many times shows the integrity of the pro.

Too bad culling takes place and it isn't brought to the attention of the organizers.

- from the Inner Circle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

>Some co's feel pressure not to say anything for fear of not
>having pro's to pre-fish/travel with anymore. or losing a
>weight that gets them some money...how would that be handled -
>pro gets no weight, yet co does? or all weight forfeited?

And, what does that say of the integrity of those Co's? The Co's should be warning said "cheaters" that they WILL be turned in if they cull any fish during a "no cull" tournament...and MEAN IT!

When the Co sees the Pro going in to cull a fish, his/her response should be, "I wouldn't do that if I were you...you WILL be disqualified".

The FLW cannot put chase boats on everyone everyday, and it's up to the anglers to police themselves. If they don't they are only hurting our sport and every angler who fishes tournaments.

Juls

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Wallhanger

Culling fish???? I wish I would of had the chance to do it( NOT saying I would have, just saying it would of been awesome to catch a limit one day). I weighed in 5 fish for the whole tournament. My pros did all they could to find us fish, but just couldn't find a good bite.

Oh well, I ended up in 149th spot, but at least I beat one guy!

MNwalleyehunter
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM
komo

I cant believe that there would be no retribution against the co.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM
j unlogged

I don't agree with you M Komo. The reason the co's are there, other than to participate in the tourney, is to keep things on the up and up. I think any co who chooses to not turn in his pro for culling is as guilty as the pro.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

The only think I heard was they where calling one co. the COOLER.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
komo

I am not so sure. What happens when I you get a boater thats part of the team that was culling. Pretty tense I would imagine. Its not like the co's name would be withheld for security purposes.

Yes, I agree the co's should be there to keep things honest. Culling, depending on the placement, could amount to a felony, no?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
G Gray

I heard the same thing in the early years of PWT, and I proposed to the directors, that the Pro's are responsible for all decissions, so therefore, the co, should be exempt of DQ.

When the Pro, makes a decission, good, bad or otherwise, the co has to live with it.

IF, ONLY THE PRO WOULD BE DQ'ED, THEN YOU WOULD SEE MORE CO'S STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

JUST MY THOUGHTS,

Gary Gray
Closed Thread