Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ram Mount 4 trolling motor - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Wallhanger

I'm putting a new Terrova on my boat and it's getting the Cisco treatment if I can make it work to cover my old holes, based on what I saw of it I should be able to. This new Cisco bracket is awesome I got to check it out in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Lund Man

No offense, but that Cisco mount is hideous. I'll stick with the Ram. Release the Terrova, and swing it down out of the way.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund Man View Post
No offense, but that Cisco mount is hideous. I'll stick with the Ram. Release the Terrova, and swing it down out of the way.
X2. Sure it's aluminum, but not a great design IMHO.

The Cisco mount would be in the way all the time too. RAM mount loosens and comes right off, nothing but the ball left on the gunwhale.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Wallhanger

I found this pic in an album here on Walleye Central. It looks like he uses the positive locking button on his Folbe Rod Holder to hold the head secure. Another option that should work.

Last edited by Modog; 07-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modog View Post
I found this pic in an album here on Walleye Central. It looks like he uses the positive locking button on his Folbe Rod Holder to hold the head secure. Another option that should work.
Simple and ingenious. That's been staring me in the face for years and I never thought of it.

Nicely done.

Waxy

Last edited by Waxy; 03-02-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
Simple and inenious. That's been staring me in the face for years and I never thought of it.

Nicely done.

Waxy
Yep, me too. That's what I like best about this site. Sharing ideas that work!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Keeper

Thanks eveybody I really appreciate the input and ideas. The reason I love this site is guys using commonsense, sharing it and making the rest of us think "oh yeah!"
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Keeper

On the new Ranger 619 I mounted a ram mount with a flat fish finder plate about 2' back of the cradle of the motor and glued a peice of neoprem for padding on the plate. If you put a little bit of up presure on the arm it will not bounce around and works great. The best thing is you raise and lower your motor without having to touch the Ram bracket. I will post photo this weekend. I am sure some of you will like this idea.

Last edited by Walleyes and Roosters; 03-02-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Walleyes,
Thanks very much.
That style support was exactly what I was explaining earlier with my posts that seemed to fall on disbelieving ears.

REW
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Wallhanger

While wedging something under tge shaft will keep it from bouncing,I personally would be more worried about a premature release of the motor. I have witnessed the ram mount hold a terova keep the unit where it belonged even though the trip lever released .