Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Houseboat Costs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Keeper

Default Houseboat Costs

For all you Houseboat vets, can you give me some info on costs on what it REALLY costs to rent a houseboat for the week? Thinking SLFL right now but is LSFL better?

Also, any tips,hints, things newbie's wouldn't think of...greatly appreciated
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Minnow

Ranger, t-squared kept a detailed spreadsheet of oUr august trip last year. Will ask him to send to you. The only big difference that is important to me is the fishing boat setup. We went with the outfit that had the VIP boats as we don't pull up boats. I think our turn key price including food gas everything was 1,200 per man but we did not skimp on anything
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Minnow

Yes, send me a PM and I can send you my recap. Our all in costs included driving two vehicles from STL, food, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Minnow

Our group has gone for the last 5 years. Alway have used LSFL. Send me a PM and I will give you our thoughts.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 AM
CanadaDave

Why not give us all the info? What was the cost? what are your thoughts?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Slot Fish

Default houseboat costs

I'm interested too
Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Slot Fish

Bring it on & what lake are you talking about Simco???
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Keeper

Default Low not ls

I have been with a group that has been doing a 60 foot house boat from Floating Lodges in Souix Narrows. I started going with the guys in 1995 and cost was $650.00 Per person everything except gas to drive up. I took over running the trip in 2008 and we have fluctuated between $800 and 850.00 per guy includes everything except gas to drive up. That is all food, gas, liscense, bait, etc etc. This is a not a drinking group so there is no beer figured into that price, we leave that to yourself if you want to bring any up you are on your own, that keeps the cost fair since not everyone drinks. We sleep 12 guys on the houseboat, two of us bring our own boats and we rent 4. If you put 3 or 4 guys in a vehicle from Chicago your gas bill can't be more then $100 per guy. I have looked at houseboats on LS and I think it is more cost per person.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Minnow

Default Houseboats

We have been going out of Floating Lodges since 1999, typically we go with 9 guysand rent a 58 foot houseboat with the cost being $950 a person.....that price includes EVERYTHING...rental, beer / booze (20 cases of beer and a dozen 1.75 ltr bottles of booze), duty on the extra alcohol, bridge crossing fee, fishing licenses, ontario outdoors cards, groceries, gas in 3 trucks, 3 boats (we bring our own--all with 150 hp or larger engines) houseboat and generator, and travel meals. This year we have the 60 foot houseboat reserved and the price will be no more than an extra $50 a guy more because we are taking an additional 3 guys along!

It is by far the best fishing vacation I have ever been on! You take the houseboat out 25 to 30 miles and you are right in the heart of some of the best fishing on earth...there is no where to spend money once you get on the houseboat and if a guy wants to take a session off of fishing to sleep in, he doesn't miss out on the entire day like you would if you stayed in town at a resort. It really allows everyone to enjoy their vacation at their own pace!

If anyone wants detailed info, send me a PM and I will gladly give you everything we have compiled over the last dozen years right down to the grocery list!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaDave View Post
Why not give us all the info? What was the cost? what are your thoughts?
how much do you charge for your houseboats and what is included?