Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wierd year so far. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2004, 08:00 PM
no follows.

Default wierd year so far.

wondering if anyone else is having wierd results. Sister has a place on a nw wi lake known for above average numbers yet has good size. past years has proven this. this year not one follow all year. 1rst 2 skies came on crankbaiting for walleyes. but throw a musky bait of any size shape or color and nothing. until late august. 5 fish in last 2 weekends yet still no follows. I have never fished a lake and had no follows for the time I have put in, its been an all or nothing season so far. makes it hard to locate fish to come back to. And its been every musky fisherman I've talked to said they have never fished this lake before with out atleast getting follows and most of them are coming up with goose eggs. we've found them where we would really expect them this time of year on this lake. just don't understand the no follows. all of the other lakes I have fished seem to have fish that will still show themselves but this one this year has just been wierd. any thoughts. is the bait fish so thick this year they don't have to move or chase to have a full stomach?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2004, 01:23 PM
BSW

Default RE: wierd year so far.

Have to agree with you on this - it is not you. We have had a tough time with the walleys on our little (200ac) lake where we have several honey holes. This fall - Musky weekend outing with 6 guys, 3 boats 3 days of fishing several Onieda / Vilas lakes real hard only led to a handful of follows and nothing on the line (except one OWL on a topwater just after dusk - but he got off, thank goodness). We threw everything and tried all kinds of water, but - only memories of good times with friends, but no photos of 'lunge this year.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Minnow

Default RE: wierd year so far.

Just got back from a 4 day trip and only saw and caught a 33' 'ski. That's the 1st fish in the last 2 months. Been a very strange late summer for sure. Hope the next 2 trips pan out better than the last 5.
Line ain't thru all my guides!

Hunts