Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cisco fishing systems or Big Jon multi-axis? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Keeper

Default Cisco fishing systems or Big Jon multi-axis?

Looking to get some horizontal triples and would like some opinions on either set. Thanks Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Keeper

I have the Big Jon triples - Multi-Axis. I have mine directly mounted to my gunnels. Very high quality, sturdy, and I am very happy with them. To adjust the axis you will need (provided) allen wrench to turn to your desired position. I paid $320 for both triples.

The Cisco's are super high quality and supposedly the best around BUT for their triples you are going to pay more for one than both of the Big Jons and you also have to purchase the Cisco Track.

I had a limit I wanted to spend on holders and am happy with my purchase. If I wanted to spend $800 and money was no object then the Cisco's in blue would be awfully nice.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_2020.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2020.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	15449  

Last edited by Junior58er; 04-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Wallhanger

Cisco's don't require a track they have just about any mounting option you can think of, one big gripe alot of guys have with big john sets is that they are spaced to close together which can cause you to pull up a rod and take another one with it, I know guys who have one it and got rid of their big jons shortly afte. This is probably the biggest downfall and the fact they don't adjust as well, the Cisco's don't require tools and offer 100% adjustability. All alumium tube style holders will last it's the little stuff that sets each one aside from the rest IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Minnow

It's probably true that the Big Jon's don't have all the creature comforts some of the other brands do, I can't speak to all the details because I'm not familiar with everything in the market, but there should be no problem when it comes to reliability with the Big Jon's.

My dad's been running Big Jon holders on Lake Michigan for 15 years now and has never had an issue. When I set up my boat last year I had a chance to get some triples on sale and jumped on the chance.

Although I bought the triples, I did pull the triples aparts and added plates to the bottom of them to installed in a track system. The comment made prior about the holders being very close to one another, I could see how that could be an issue.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:05 AM
On vacation

Default Cisco promo code

If you order from Cisco promo code walleyeworkshop1 will save 5% on anything you order

Scott
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Keeper

Thanks for your opinions.
80lb Terrova with Ipilot
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Wallhanger

Cisco is the only way to go, you won't be disappointed with the many features they offer. Call David or Dennis and they will take care of you, 216-881-4559.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Keeper

Called David at Cisco. Very nice guy and was very prompt at returning emails and phone calls. Ended up placing an order for a pair of triples with some custom height risers(so I can get to my gunwhale storage if need be) they're gonna make for me with the quick releases and 4 mounting plates. 2 plates for right behind the windshield and two at the rear. Should have them delivered by the 10th! Just finished spooling up 6 new Sealines on some new rods tonight. I can't wait I'll be the guy with his lines all tangled out there but I'll be having fun learning something new. Thanks for all the suggestions on the gear.

Tom
80lb Terrova with Ipilot

Last edited by itsagr8day4fishing; 05-02-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Wallhanger

Tom, wait until you see the quality and how well their designs perform. You will be so pleased!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Wallhanger

I just got off the phone with David this afternoon and have a few cradle mounts coming for my boat. David was very helpful with me as I needed a lot of it with deciding which route would be the best for my type of fishing. Being on the River is a little different. I was feeling bad calling him so much but he had no problem with that. Thanks again Cisco.