Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Would You Support Mandatory Life Jacket Laws? - Page 17 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

View Poll Results: Do you think we should have mandated PFD laws?
Agree 48 22.02%
Disagree 128 58.72%
Agree with contingencies 42 19.27%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Slot Fish

[QUOTE=Multispecies Guy;5466730]Accidentally voted disagree when I meant to vote agree with contingencies.

I would have no problem with mandatory wear for children below a certain age (10 or 12 perhaps, or even all minors) but do not favor a blanket law for all boaters.

What about mandatory kill switch use? :stirthepot:[/QUOTE]

Stop and think for a second or two. Do even know what is law now in your state? In mn it is or was last I knew ,10 or under had to had a life preserver on unless anchored and swimming. I have no problem with this. The question is whether everyone needs to wear one. This thread has wandered way off course from the original intent(I believe). I do not think responsible people should be required to wear a clumsy preserver while fishing in a 14 foot boat in a small lake at 90 degrees with no wind. Do not tell me they can get a inflatable one which is not clumsy unless you want to give them the $150 for each of the family members. If they could do that they probably would be in a bigger boat. I have several very responsible people who work at our company who like to go out boating/fishing with their kids with garage sale preservers in the boat and are very happy and have well adjusted kids. At $18 an hour they do what they can and do it very well. I can not believe this topic was brought up without further thought. The drownings witch do Happen: what is the cause? You would be hard pressed to come up with an example with it occurring with the above example. If conditions warrant wear it! Address the root cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement