Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Need help with club soccer problem - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
unlogged unlogged

The OP titled the thread as "club soccer". Until I read his last comment I thought everyone had it wrong. This wasn't a school team but a "club" team. If it was a school team it seems then that there would be school athletic policies in place to address these very things. Perhaps the school athletic director should be explaining the policy to the OP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Wallhanger

Default Need help with club soccer problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlogged unlogged View Post
The OP titled the thread as "club soccer". Until I read his last comment I thought everyone had it wrong. This wasn't a school team but a "club" team. If it was a school team it seems then that there would be school athletic policies in place to address these very things. Perhaps the school athletic director should be explaining the policy to the OP.
Its Club not school. She will be in 9th grade next year and then it will be a high school sport. I will be happy when that day arrives. I will get to see her play since all games will be in the state of Ohio.

Club has got to the mind of the parents, they do things on a point system and you travel to different states to qualify for events. Plus and this is a joke to me, other out of state events are called Coaches showcase, where so called college scouts come out. I feel its a money thing and foreign influence on this sport called soccer. In closing one such event was held near Orlando, Fla during the end of Christmas break, the last games were on a Sunday. Yes, this coach same one said it was ok to miss a day or two of school. I hope all who reads this understand my opening remarks and what I am trying to say here. Thanks for reading
Old 04-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronomist_at_ia View Post
X2
The only people that I know of who even talk much about the days of high school/grade school sports later in life tend to be absolute losers or lost in life.
Al Bundy
Old 04-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Keeper

Here is a link to a pretty good story I feel is somewhat indicative of pretty much all sports:

http://www.citypages.com/news/game-m...hockey-6564193
Old 04-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Wallhanger

Default Need help with club soccer problem

[QUOTE=Sportdog;5500689]Al Bundy [/QUOT

The actor who played Al was pretty good footballs player. O'Neill attended Ursuline High School and won a football scholarship to Ohio University, where he majored in history, also having joined the Mu chapter of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.[6] O'Neill left Ohio after his sophomore year; he spent more time playing sports and partying than studying[6] and also feuded with his coach. He transferred to Youngstown State University (YSU), where he was a defensive lineman. While an undergraduate, O'Neill pledged Delta Sigma Phi and was initiated into the Delta Sigma chapter there. Rumors abound O'Neill was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1969 but was cut in training camp.[4][5][7] Later, on Married... with Children, O'Neill played a former high-school football star who had failed to make it big and constantly reminisced about his "glory days" at Polk High ("I once scored four touchdowns in a single game"). As part of this theme, former Pittsburgh Steelers great and Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw also made two guest appearances on the show. O'Neill was also a substitute social studies teacher at Ursuline High School before becoming an actor.[5]
Career

O'Neill re-enrolled at YSU after being cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers and was one of the first students at the school's then new theater program