Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Huron - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Gonefishin View Post
Juls I got a crew for Friday...if we catch fish Friday...I'll fish saturday as well if you and Rick want to fish with me come on down!!!

I don't want to waste time in muddy water and no catching though.
Thanks for the offer Kevin...let us know how ya do on Friday.

I see the wind forecast has changed since I posted that link yesterday. Still, it won't be too bad.

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Paulywog12lb.8oz.

Default This weekend is questionable.

You guys that think youre getting out this weekend may be in for a surprise at the launch. I checked the Rocky river launch 2 days ago and skim ice was forming there. I hope that there is open water to reach the lake.

I'll be lookin to get out also, weather permitting but these lows in the 20's and daytime highs in the mid 30's has me concerned.

Has anyone seen the launches in Vermilion or Huron in the last 2 days before 11-25-08? If so please update us on this thread, I wont break thru ice to fish, I guess I'm a woosie.

Paulywog
Old 11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Minnow

Default Count Me In

Count me in! Provided I pass this kidney stone in time!

Not sure where I will be launching from yet as my duck hunting buds had to launch from cold creek (sandusky bay) to get out yesterday. The bay is frozen nearly to rt2.

Toolman, has a long haul so any ramp reports would be appreciated by him as well I am sure!

Brian (AKA Duckman)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

I'll take a ride on Thursday and take a look at all the popular launches. I'll post an ice report Thursday afternoon, so you'll have it for Friday morning.

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 11-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Paulywog12lb.8oz.

Default Thanks Juls

I hope that the weather forecast is anything less that 3 feet. It will be HOG city out in the Bowl if conditions are right.

I was out the day the guy landed the 14 and I had a great day as well. Anyone know what color and lead that fish was caught on. I think It might have been at least 100 back in 38 ft. of water if I remember the radio chatter.

Thanks again and I'll look for the ice report. Have a great day. Paul
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
WReye

Default Water clarity?

Thinking adout making the 700+ mile drive from Iowa. What is your guys thoughts on what the water clarity will be Thurs.-Saturday ? We will be going out of Huron. Your advice would be great thanks.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

hmmmm

you guys got me thinking too now...

the boat is not winterized

yet

Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulywog12lb.8oz. View Post
I hope that the weather forecast is anything less that 3 feet. It will be HOG city out in the Bowl if conditions are right.

I was out the day the guy landed the 14 and I had a great day as well. Anyone know what color and lead that fish was caught on. I think It might have been at least 100 back in 38 ft. of water if I remember the radio chatter.

Thanks again and I'll look for the ice report. Have a great day. Paul
Gary caught the fish appox 1:45 AM Friday the 14th on a clown HJ-14 shallow diver 60 back.

I don't think a 700 mile trip is worth it, last year I went out and fished after a hard blow Thanksgiving weekend I put 2 hard days in day and night for 3 lousy fish, the water no doubt will be tore up and probably muddy everywhere....but since I'm only 45 minutes from Huron it's worth a shot to me. Ruggles area does clean up pretty quick but with the blow we are getting as I write and it will be more of the same tomorow my guess is it's definetly not worth your drive...maybe not even mine unfortunealty.

Last edited by K Gonefishin; 11-25-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Paulywog-I think the correct spelling is "wussie"! lol There won't be enough ice on the river to keep me from the lake! Never hurts to have some sand/salt mix for the ramp, especially if you are launching early or after dark.

I haven't checked the forecast yet, but I may come up Thursday afternoon, fish the eve/night bite and stay over and fish Friday until mid-afternoon. Strictly depends on the weather.

Tim
Old 11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Keeper

Tim you think the place in the harbor will be open Thursday night, might need something to take the chill off.Paul