Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for large Ice Fishing Shelter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 11-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Charter Member

Default Looking for large Ice Fishing Shelter

Looking for a larger Ice Fishing shelter. Can anyone comment on the Eskimo Insulated top Quickfish 6 or the Cabelas Ice Team 6x12 Hub Shelter? Maybe there is something similar out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Keeper

I am also looking for a larger hub style portable ice house I am leaning towards the Eskimo Quickfish 6 insulated. I currently have the Eskimo Fatfish insulated and really like it, excepted it gets to crowed with 3 anglers in house. That's the reason I am also looking for a duel hub style ice house. I am leaning towards the Eskimo Quickfish 6, but haven't made up my mind yet. Have not seen any demos at stores to compare. Maybe there is not a lot of them out there to share their thoughts on the duel hubs. Going to hold of until I see them in person. Stay safe and good luck fishing.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Wallhanger

Do you have a price point in mind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Keeper

I have the clam 1660 and it's great for bigger groups fishing but i don't use it enough and will probably sell
Old 11-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Wallhanger

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/clam/s...xl6000-tc.html

I have fished out of the Clam XL6000TC quite a few times and it is the cats meow. We have fished 5-7 people and it worked great. Fold it up when done and it even will fit easily in the trunk of a car.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Minnow

How easy is it to move from spot to spot or are these more of a base unit? Tying to decide on this type or a pull over with the sled and seats.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookybottom View Post
How easy is it to move from spot to spot or are these more of a base unit? Tying to decide on this type or a pull over with the sled and seats.
Depends how many times you move during the day and are you pulling your flip over with a atv or snowmobile or loading it into a truck. Once the ice is thick enough my Clam Voyager becomes more of a PIA because need to load it and all the gear into the truck and does not have not even close to the same amount of room as the 6000. If you are pulling with tav/snowmobile then and moving a lot then the flip over is the way to go. If you are using truck/car then hub style is the way to go. IMHO
Old 11-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLewellin View Post
Depends how many times you move during the day and are you pulling your flip over with a atv or snowmobile or loading it into a truck. Once the ice is thick enough my Clam Voyager becomes more of a PIA because need to load it and all the gear into the truck and does not have not even close to the same amount of room as the 6000. If you are pulling with tav/snowmobile then and moving a lot then the flip over is the way to go. If you are using truck/car then hub style is the way to go. IMHO
Thanks for the info.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Minnow

Default ice house shelter

Check out custom cottages. Eric makes a variety of options. You can see his brochure on our website. Good luck! If you have any questions were here to lend a hand.