Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS7 map screen goes blank - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Keeper

Default HDS7 map screen goes blank

Last time out my HDS7 gen 2 (brand new in April) map screen goes blank (completely black). Didn't matter if it was on the Lowrance or Navionics setting on the drop down menu. GPS seemed to be working as I was still getting a speed (mph) reading. Any thoughts on a cause of mg problem? Have others experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Keeper

Did you take the Navionics card out of the slot, turn the unit off and then back on and see if it made a difference? If not, you could try that and try a soft reset on the unit while the card is out. I would imagine that something just isn't meshing right in the software and causing it to miss a beat somewhere.

Keith
Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Wallhanger

Many times I save my fishing day with soft or hard reset. I have a SD that have my WPs and settings. So if needed to, I will reset it and load the settings and back to fishing in 5 mins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 10:13 PM
Keeper

Thanks Keith, I'll give that a try. If that doesn't do the trick, would the next step be a hard reset?
Old 06-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Keeper

The soft reset did the trick. The poor thing was really confused as when the map initially came up it was showing a position off the coast of Africa - but it found itself finally back on the home lake. Thanks for the help/suggestions!