Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lss2 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Wallhanger

I just purchased a LSS-1 last week because of the $150 rebate. I'm wondering how much of an improvement the LSS-2 is suppose to be before I install the LSS-1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Wallhanger

Bought mine with the rebate as well. If I can't keep up with all of the computer stuff that is coming out for my home I surely can't do it with my boat. I just need to use the stuff that I've got more. I got an LSS1 for 350 after the rebate. I can bet that the LSS2 is going to be quite a bit more. At some point enough is enough. Bought mine hoping it would help me read my 2d better. I am sure it will serve the purpose just fine.

I'll wait until they come out with the LSS6 and then upgrade. At the rate things are going that should be the end of next year.

Bill
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBill View Post
Bought mine with the rebate as well. If I can't keep up with all of the computer stuff that is coming out for my home I surely can't do it with my boat. I just need to use the stuff that I've got more. I got an LSS1 for 350 after the rebate. I can bet that the LSS2 is going to be quite a bit more. At some point enough is enough. Bought mine hoping it would help me read my 2d better. I am sure it will serve the purpose just fine.

I'll wait until they come out with the LSS6 and then upgrade. At the rate things are going that should be the end of next year.

Bill
Isn't that the truth. I bought a HDS 10 end of last year now they have the gen2. Bought the LSS1 last weeks and now the LSS2 is coming out. Oh well, probably wont be able to figure out what I have now.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Keeper

Default Free LSS-2

So a friend of a friend called Lowrance today about this and when the LSS-2 becomes available they are going to send him one for free. I don't know when he bought his LSS-1 but thought I would pass along the info. Maybe it pays to make some phone calls and complain.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lowrance does read Facebook

I put a post on Lowrance Facebook to bait Lowrance into saying something about the LSS-2.

"Okay Lowrance. Tell us about the LSS-2. I heard it had Hyrowave built in and also had connections for new 120 kHz and 240 kHz transducers that didn't interfere with 83/200. WOW!!!!"

It stayed up for about 15 minutes then mysteriously disappeared.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWinches View Post
I put a post on Lowrance Facebook to bait Lowrance into saying something about the LSS-2.

"Okay Lowrance. Tell us about the LSS-2. I heard it had Hyrowave built in and also had connections for new 120 kHz and 240 kHz transducers that didn't interfere with 83/200. WOW!!!!"

It stayed up for about 15 minutes then mysteriously disappeared.
That is great!!!! Only thing to make it better is to repeat above until they answer.

Really though customers should be mad about this and hold them accountable. Don't sit back and shrug your shoulders. Get up and let them know they messed up. They should be pulling all the LSS-1 units off the shelf and replace everyone they sold. Not going to the shows and selling more. I don't know the date of the first one sold but if it was just last summer they should be doing something to make it right.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Am I understanding you right? A new product is coming out and you feel everyone with the older series should be entitled to a new model for free?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-er-man View Post
That is great!!!! Only thing to make it better is to repeat above until they answer.

Really though customers should be mad about this and hold them accountable. Don't sit back and shrug your shoulders. Get up and let them know they messed up. They should be pulling all the LSS-1 units off the shelf and replace everyone they sold. Not going to the shows and selling more. I don't know the date of the first one sold but if it was just last summer they should be doing something to make it right.
FYI, It's been out for two years... So let me get this straight, all the TV, computer and other electronic manufacturers should pull their products cause they have new ones coming out soon. Hmmm... Isn't that why it's being discounted right now? To clear inventory.

You guys act like the LSS1 doesn't work. Not true... I've had mine since it was released and love it!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-er-man View Post
I am exercising self restraint and not relating this to political views that are plaguing this country. (per forum rules)

I will just say that this is easily one of the most ridiculous things I have read this week.

-Eli
Old 03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Keeper

I did say I didn't know when it came out. If its been two years yes you guys are right....TUFF. Nate you know what was wrong with the first unit because I have posted the info before. If you like yours thats great. I'm just saying this 2nd model never should of been and you the consumer should speak out about it. If your idea of embarrassing technology is with your wallet then Lowrance must be the company for you. I don't remember HB coming out with a new SI after 2 years. There technology was there first so I don't think Lowrance has an excuse for this one. If it was as simple as a update I wouldn't think it was a big deal but when you have to remove equipment and install new stuff??? Be honest with yourself and the products you buy. Don't put them on a pedestal. If you guys don't want to call and complain thats your choice but don't let people affiliated with Lowrance post on here and change your mind.
Think this one has been beat to death.