Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Island Area - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Minnow

Default Island Area

I have not been out to the island area for 15 years. Been going out of Cranberry but I want to take my 2 boys to the islands fishing this weekend. Thinking of going out of Cawtaba or Turtle Creek. Any suugestions as to where is the best to go in at and where to catch some eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Island Area

Launch out of Catawba and head to F-Can. Work back towards Rattlesnake. Pull Reef Runners, anything purple, pink, or blue. Spoons and meat will get you more junk than eye's. I'll be out there Saturday morning give me a yell on 79 if you make it out.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Minnow

hey kevin will pink panties work.ha ha ha.hey glad to see your still catching some nice fish over there.the fish off huron seem to be moving around.you mark them one day two days later there not there.going to try fri-and sat.depending on the storms.i just saw on the weather channel a 32ft got in trouble yesterday.be carefull.westwind/////// morgan///////
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Life of Riley

It was nice to hear you on the radio. I was not sure if I saw your boat or not. What does your boat look like? I will look out of it if I make it out on Sat. I will be coming out of Catawba and heading for F can. I hope to see you.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the info - I'll let you know how we do.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
AJ

Trophy, how far back are you running your reef runners? I agree, the white perch are terrible in that area right now. Also, what speed have you been running at? I will be out there tomorrow.

AJ
Old 07-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

Trip was cancelled this morning. Decided to make it a boat clean/repair/maintenance day. I've been running the leads at 125',100,and 90'. One thing I think I forgot to add was on the 90' lead I've been running a snap on to get it down. I've been running at 2.2-2.4., and if it gets slow I'll do S patterns, or play with the throttle a bit, and it seems to help occassionally.