Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Northern Wilderness Outfitters - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Trapper

Default Northern Wilderness Outfitters

My son & I will be taking our annual fly-in next August. We are looking at Northern Wilderness Outfitters out of Fort Francis. Does anyone have any experience with this outfitter? If so, are there any lakes you would recommend? How was your overall stay? Any input is surely appreciated.

Trapper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2003, 12:15 PM
phil logsdon

Default RE: Northern Wilderness Outfitters

We used them several years ago. It seemed that they had some lakes that were futher North than others. We fished Shakig and Dasant lakes. I believe this is the same company. i would not recommend either of these lakes. If they have lakes futher North that might be Ok.I have used Randy Thomas in Kenora several times and found him to give 110%. Brown Bear lake is not a walleye lake.www.canadaoutfitters.com good luck
Old 09-02-2003, 04:27 PM
trapper

Could you elaborate a bit more on your trip? Were there problems? Or was the fishing lousy? I see Dasant Lake on their website but not the other one. Thanks in advance.

Trapper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2003, 10:14 PM
dhart

About 10 years ago we spent a week on Tessup Lake with Northern Wilderness Outfitters. The fishing was great,the Cabin on the little Island was nice and we were the only people on the whole lake. We caught lots of "eyes" in the 2-5 pound range and all the Northerns you could want in the eating size plus a few big ones. Being a Pilot I was as impressed with their whole fly-out operation as any I have seen in Canada. It was a long time ago but I would go back. PS: If you go Take a fish finder, We didn't & it took several days to learn the lake. A good spot then was at the far East end of the lake there is a little Island. Fish of the SW. Point of the Island to the Main Point on shore.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:24 AM
phil logsdon

When we stayed the cabin was new and everything worked well. The lake was small and in low water conditons you might be locked in to Dasnat. The fishing was a "C". I would agree about the depthfinder. The operation seemed fine.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
trapper

dhart, thanks for the info. Sounds rather positive. Phil, I wish you could elaborate more. . . average size & type of fish? cabin conditions? plane accomodations? Something tells me you must not have had a very good time. Thanks to all.

Trapper
Old 09-03-2003, 06:29 PM
dclhomes

I'm heading up Oct 9-18 for a moose hunt on Holly Lake. Will be doing some fishing and have heard 1st hand about NWO and expecting to be impressed. Will post a report when we get back! Dennis