Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger trailer help on moving by hand - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM
ranger05

Default Ranger trailer help on moving by hand

I have to push the empty trailer in the garage forward. Only way it will fit all the way in. I want to make sure where to put the pin to disengage the brakes. I read booklet and its said its on the side of the actuator. I thought it was on top not the side. any help will be greatly appreciate. If you have a picture to show me where or illustration, would help alot. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

dont push it using the coupler and it wont engage the brakes. It probably would not engage the brakes anyway even if you did with an empty trailer. It takes a lot of pressure on the coupler to apply the brakes.

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Keeper

Put the locking pin behind the coupling that keeps the pressure off of the brakes.
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMER2000 View Post
Put the locking pin behind the coupling that keeps the pressure off of the brakes.
Is the hole on top or on the same side as the hole that I put pin in when trailering my boat.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchjerker View Post
dont push it using the coupler and it wont engage the brakes. It probably would not engage the brakes anyway even if you did with an empty trailer. It takes a lot of pressure on the coupler to apply the brakes.
I dont know what you mean, and when I do push it will it roll easy. I will need to move about 20 yards into the garage by hand, front end first.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchjerker View Post
I did as you suggested and it moved easily, go into storage area, so saved to months fee, thanks for your help
Old 03-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Slot Fish

Default Ranger trailer help on moving...

How about mounting a cheap electric winch in the garage?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Keeper

Default Power Caster

I also have to pull my boat into the garage. My Ranger 690 (19ft Fiberglass) dual axle trailer just barely makes it thru the opening and then only after I remove the weather strip on the lower 3 feet on each side of door. I use a Power Caster. It’s a 110 powered 2 wheel cart that attaches to the trailer with special coupling on the tongue, just behind the coupler. The power caster works better with travel trailers with over 350lb of tongue weight. With the lighter boat trailer the tires will spin out getting the trailer tires over a 2inch lip of concrete at the entrance of my garage (last 6ft getting it in). The duel axel also makes turning on the driveway a challenge. I'm going to try the plastic bag trick mentioned on this site. Luckily I have a set of doors on the back of garage on third stall, once the boat is in the stall is full, wall to wall and end to end. I bought the Power Caster used for about $350. New $500plus. Without mine I wouldn't be able to get it in the garage.