Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Water levels at the Gouin - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Slot Fish

Default Water levels at the Gouin

How are the water levels at the gouin this year? Last year they were VERY down. All of our favorite weed beds were gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Minnow

just come back and the water is high .The barrage guin is not dumping any water .(There will be project for next 4 years to fix the plant)
Fishing was so-so
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Slot Fish

Default 2012 water levels?

Anyone have any early info on the reservoir levels this year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Minnow

Default Gouin Water Levels

Heading up tomorrow - will post what I find.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Minnow

I spoke with my outfitter late last week and he said that the water level is fairly high. Its not up in the weeds but theres only a little beach showing. He thinks that it will remain at this level. I thought that it would be low due to lack of snow and the mild spring but I guess not. Thats the Gouin....you never know about the water level!! Its always great fishing regardless!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Slot Fish

Excellent. I too was worried that the level would be down. I like it high for springtime pike. Fishing the opener. 11 days and counting. Can't wait. Thanks for the update.

[QUOTE=Hot N Tot;1432901]I spoke with my outfitter late last week and he said that the water level is fairly high. Its not up in the weeds but theres only a little beach showing. He thinks that it will remain at this level. I thought that it would be low due to lack of snow and the mild spring but I guess not. Thats the Gouin....you never know about the water level!! Its always great fishing regardless!![/QUOT
Old 05-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Slot Fish

Spoke to my outfitter yesterday and they said the Gouin is about normal levels or maybe a bit low. Cited lack of rains... Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll report back after my trip.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Wallhanger

Smile Gouin Water Levels

My outfitter is at camp on South Bay preparing for the season opener. Spoke to him yesterday,he said water level is up like last year and was slowly rising.

I got one more month before I will be re-united with the Quebec wilderness...can't wait.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Minnow

Default Water levels at Gouin

Was up to Mattawa bay on the weekend. Water is about 1.5 to 2' below maximum high. Definitely higher than the last couple years.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshea View Post
Was up to Mattawa bay on the weekend. Water is about 1.5 to 2' below maximum high. Definitely higher than the last couple years.
Thanks for the update tshea. Will be at Plamondon Bay on Monday. Will also post my findings when I return.