Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Whitewater Lake With Mattice Lake Outfitters - The Full Report! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Glad you guys enjoyed!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Hi Mike:

Thanks for putting your report together to share your adventure. Great presentation and content.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Wallhanger

Lets recap SoloPaddler's summer now shall we! First was Missing Lake, followed by Dayohessarah, N. Caribou, Ashewig River, John's Lake, Apisabigo and now capping off the season with a magnificent trip to Whitewater. What a fun trip it must have been! This is by far my favorite report of the bunch. You know the Brookies have been cute and all, but give me big pike to drool over any day!

I was completely awed by the pictures and video, both before and after, of the Wendell Beckwith Cabins on Best Island. Cryin shame what happened.

Did ya get to check out Ogoki Lodge?

Quote:
Wabakimi Park is a special place and at least in my opinion Whitewater Lake is the crown jewel.
If Whitewater were the crown jewel they'd a named the park Whitewater Provential Park. As it is, Wabakimi is the crown jewel of this park. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikeslayer8 View Post
Lets recap SoloPaddler's summer now shall we! First was Missing Lake, followed by Dayohessarah, N. Caribou, Ashewig River, John's Lake, Apisabigo and now capping off the season with a magnificent trip to Whitewater. What a fun trip it must have been! This is by far my favorite report of the bunch. You know the Brookies have been cute and all, but give me big pike to drool over any day!

I was completely awed by the pictures and video, both before and after, of the Wendell Beckwith Cabins on Best Island. Cryin shame what happened.

Did ya get to check out Ogoki Lodge?

If Whitewater were the crown jewel they'd a named the park Whitewater Provential Park. As it is, Wabakimi is the crown jewel of this park. Lol

Bill, you forgot the best trip of the bunch, the Sutton River!!! Nothing topped that one.
It's been a remarkable year for sure. Exciting for me is I think my 2015 season will be even better. Some of the destinations on tap are pretty cool. I've always valued experiences far more than things so in that respect I'm a rich man.

You're right they named the park Wabakimi, but I've seen both lakes and my vote goes to Whitewater. There's a reason Wendell Beckwith deduced it was the center of the universe.

I did visit Ogoki Lodge and perhaps should have included it in my write up. Very interesting. If anyone's interested you can see some photos of it here:

http://www.canadafishingguide.net/fo...history/#p1096
Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Keeper

As always great report Mike
Really enjoy both the detail you put into your efforts and your writing style
As a guy whose always planning for the "next trip". Your reports are incredibly helpful
Cheers
Gordy
Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Slot Fish

Nice job, great report!
Old 10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
jagksa

Default Walleye and huge Pike

Great Report Mike, thanks! Just added another lake to my bucket list.

I've fished Ontario for many years with Canadian Fly-in Fishing out of Red Lake. It's been a while, but they had access to 10 lakes with one (usually) or two cabins on each. Beautiful country. Fabulous walleye fishing and great cabins.

For monstrous Northern Pike, it's Wollaston Lake Lodge in Saskatchewan for me, hands down. My buddy and I caught 60+ Pike, 15 over 40" and I landed a 48.5", 31 lb monster in 3 days!!!!!

While there, another guest took a 51" Pike on a fly rod.

The lake is also a trophy Lake Trout, Walleye and Grayling destination... so guests can easily land a grand slam if desired.

5 star people, guides, cabins, custom Lund boats, gourmet food and a Turbo Prop (Beaver?) to fly you into the the remote parts of the lake if you'd like. Mike Lemke is the owner. You guys should meet or at least speak.

It's not cheap, but is worth every penny. HIGHLY recommended!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Wallhanger

Wollaston sounds amazing, maybe I will talk with Mike Lemke!
I had a trip to Cree Lake in Saskatchewan cancelled the last two years, I need to rectify that situation.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Wallhanger

Just have to say I had a quick look at the Wollaston website. It does look incredible, but it's $9395 per person for an 8 day trip LOL!

Maybe one day.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default methods

Am i the only one who reads Mikes post just to learn how to catch more fish? Great trip reports and enjoy reading about the techniques.