Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
VEC Technology& Gel Coat Stress Cracks - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up Tuffy ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoffies View Post
Larson built the Fincraft in their factory. My guess is somebody figured out the name Fincraft was as strange as Tuffy.
2005 ,2013 2060;s maxed hp ,driven on Mille lacs, LOW , Red , Devils Lake , NO stress cracks ,perhaps Larson has ,also figured out how to build a boat with no stress cracks , Kurt, Bll any stress cracks in your Tuffys ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default none

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
2005 ,2013 2060;s maxed hp ,driven on Mille lacs, LOW , Red , Devils Lake , NO stress cracks ,perhaps Larson has ,also figured out how to build a boat with no stress cracks , Kurt, Bll any stress cracks in your Tuffys ????
2005 1890 200 opti no stress cracks
Old 08-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

The reference to Tuffy was their quirky name, nothing to do with their quality. In fact I own one, peeled all the bad graphics off but i do own one.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Wallhanger

Default boats

09 triton no cracks
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Wallhanger

Wink no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoffies View Post
The reference to Tuffy was their quirky name, nothing to do with their quality. In fact I own one, peeled all the bad graphics off but i do own one.
I have a "Bow Wow" boat.
I haven't peeled the graphics off yet because I have never much cared what the graphics look like on any boat I have owned. However if they get damaged for some reason on a dock or the like I would have no problem taking them off.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Minnow

Default VEC (and no its not painted)

Here are the facts, VEC is a patented, state-of-the-art, computer-controlled manufacturing process that guarantees that every part is made to the most exacting standards of fit and finish, resulting in parts with unparalleled beauty and unprecedented quality.

It creates a hull that is truly one piece, not one that feels like one piece it is one piece. In now is available with Shimmer coat, a process many of the boat manufacturers are starting to go to, basically it gives you the metal flake look with a resin that is more pliable, thus less gel cracks. Larson has used this process for over 14 years and has produced an amazing amount of boats with it. Larson is a little over 100 years old as a boat company so the others that talk about 45-50 years have nothing on us.

The Larson FX lineup is all composite VEC technology and you really have to feel the difference that a one piece hull that is tougher than nails with these exacting tolerances create.

Here is a good video on the process it is pretty impressive to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzisO_ah008
Old 08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Bell View Post
Here are the facts, VEC is a patented, state-of-the-art, computer-controlled manufacturing process that guarantees that every part is made to the most exacting standards of fit and finish, resulting in parts with unparalleled beauty and unprecedented quality.

It creates a hull that is truly one piece, not one that feels like one piece it is one piece. In now is available with Shimmer coat, a process many of the boat manufacturers are starting to go to, basically it gives you the metal flake look with a resin that is more pliable, thus less gel cracks. Larson has used this process for over 14 years and has produced an amazing amount of boats with it. Larson is a little over 100 years old as a boat company so the others that talk about 45-50 years have nothing on us.

The Larson FX lineup is all composite VEC technology and you really have to feel the difference that a one piece hull that is tougher than nails with these exacting tolerances create.

Here is a good video on the process it is pretty impressive to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzisO_ah008

Like I said before, very impressed with overall quality. I just ordered a tin boat, but didn't even think about checking out Larson. But now after taking a little time to look over the Larson line, I'm still impressed. Although the prices on the Larson website were a bit, NO a lot more, than I remember seeing on Cabela's Fincraft. I'm sure there are simple explainations for the $10G difference. One might be my memory! BUT, if there was a dealer that I trusted (which there is not) that offered Larson near me I would have looked more closely. If I was looking for a Glass Boat, you can bet I would give the VEC boats a very close look. Everything about the process says quality and precision.