Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM or FLW 2012? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 07-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Minnow

Default AIM or FLW 2012?

hello everyone, i posted this on another site and got only one reply. im not trying to start a forum war so please keep dont start one here! i just want some input one which circuit would be best for a rookie? what would be the pros and cons of each circuit for a newbie. i have fished a ton of smaller team events and fish as a co several times with the old pwt. im a current member of the npaa . i do realize the commitment thats at hand and i do realize how much money will have to come out of my pocket. im willing to work 2-3 jobs to pay for this. i also realize that boat deals and major sponcers could take years if not a life time. i just want to fish!
thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

I would say that you would be best served to wait until schedules come out, see where both circuits will be making stops, and fish the one that best suits your strengths.

Not quite sure what kind of difference there is in entry fees between the two. Smaller fields in AIM mean smaller payouts but less competition; conversely, larger fields in FLW mean more spots paid out, but more competition.

See! It's as clear as mud! lol
Old 07-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Minnow

thank you walleyedmike! you helped me a lot! its crystal clear now. no really thank you. i think that is truley the best bet. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM
walla walla man

Default Homework

There is no payout for aim for coanglers. you will however recieve a nice DVD to keep for ever.You will have no acknowledgement in AIM in helping the pro. With that said with the flw you have less entry fee, potential for return on your entry fee with cash prize as co angler , opputunity to fish a championship(no entry fee),more likely alittle more appreciated during the day in the boat with flw cvompared to aim. The experience as far as proffesional anglers will be about the same in either tourny. Good luck in your decison
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Minnow

Thumbs up A little respect

A simple answer to the persons question will work. Like what was stated above. Wait for the schedules to come out. Maybe there will be a couple of lakes that will fit right into your wheelhouse. There are pros and cons to each circuit. Good luck next season.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Wallhanger

Default Co?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla walla man View Post
There is no payout for aim for coanglers. you will however recieve a nice DVD to keep for ever.You will have no acknowledgement in AIM in helping the pro. With that said with the flw you have less entry fee, potential for return on your entry fee with cash prize as co angler , opputunity to fish a championship(no entry fee),more likely alittle more appreciated during the day in the boat with flw cvompared to aim. The experience as far as proffesional anglers will be about the same in either tourny. Good luck in your decison
He never said that he would be fishing as a co-angler........ only that he had in the past.

Best of luck in whatever circuit you decide on, 1900eyes!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Fishing Insider 2

Default To The Original Poster

I think it might be best for you to wait in making your decision. Assuming that both circuits are around in 2012???? You might want to compare the dates, participant numbers, formats, tournament locations and payouts before making a decision. To make a decision now would be premature and foolhardy in my book.