Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fiberglass boat/white interior question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Keeper

Default Fiberglass boat/white interior question

For those of you with fiberglass boats with white interior, meaning the inside glass, carpet is not what is in question, how do you like the white? I now have a light silver which I love but I am thinking I want the white on my next boat but I'm undecided.
The white will be allot cooler than the darker colors but how dirty will it get? nitecrawler dirt, fish blood, minnow jiz/guts, shoe scuffs.
Just need some pros/cons.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

hoy,
I have a white boat interior that is white.
The white floor is a pain to keep up.
So, I have cut, lay in carpet for the floor. The carpet is easy to vacuum and if it gets too bad, I take it out, cut out another section of carpet for the floor and start fresh.

When the boat is clean, it looks great. But you do have to keep after it to keep it up.
I use simple green cleaner for the most of marks etc. But if there are rub marks from shoes, then I use Wesley's tire bleach. That easily removes the marks with minimal work.

My hatch covers are charcoal gray and my lay in carpet is charcoal gray. That color is about the easiest color of all colors to take care and show minimal dirt and stains.

In the summer time when doing water sports activities, I remove the carpet, since everyone has bare feet and then there is not an issue with marks on the floor.

But the white is nice to keep things more cool.

Be safe
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Wallhanger

The floor can be a pain to keep clean. I have a textured floor on my reata, so I end up doing a bit more scrubbing than I would like to keep it clean when I want it to look nice.

As far as white goes, you see things like algea, blood, etc. a lot better on it than on the darker colors.

The advantage is that it stays cool, reflects the light so it doesnt heat up, and I think it looks pretty sharp with the right contrasting colors.

I wouldnt hesitate to get another white boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

Default White Floor

My dad's warrior has a white textured floor on the deck and gray carpeting in the c*ckpit. The white floor on the deck is super easy to keep clean. After a trip a quick power wash of the floor and looks brand new. I have vinyl in my boat and it is close to as easy to clean but still not as good. Carpet has always sucked to keep looking good, the sand and stuff seems like no matter how much you vacuum it you can never get it all out, which leads to excessive wear. My next boat will have either an all fiberglass/composite floor or all vinyl.
Hummibird 898
Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Minnow

I have two white boats, they are very hard to keep clean and turn yellow after time from the sun. Also white attract nats and other bugs more then some other colors. My new boat a 209 TFX has a light polyflake silver interior. It is just as cool as the white and doesn't attract the bugs as bad. The best thing I have found to clean the boat is Mr Bubbles shower and bathroom cleaner, just spray it on wait a few minutes and rinse comes out clean as new. The spots that are dirty do require some light scrubbing but the stuff works great.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Wallhanger

Default White

all of the above is accurate. BUGS LOVE white!! i think its just because its so bright with the sun on it.

keeping the white clean is pretty easy as long as you give it a good wipe down often. my biggest complaint about having the white interior is the area around the hatch doors. it almost seem impossible to keep these clean. you can clean them out good. shut the door, open it again and they are dirty. sand/dirt from the carpet falls out every time you open/close the hatch.

like stated above you can vacuum all you want you will never get all of the sand/dirt out of the carpet.

all of that being said. the interior of my last boat was white, this boat is white and my next one will be white.

Gary
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

I like my white, will have it again with no issues. Yeah you see the dirt, but it is so easy to wipe up, and you don't miss anything hidden on a darker color. It makes me want to keep it clean.

My textured floor under the snap in carpet has never been perfectly clean though, never really tried to clean it, but there is a small amount of grime showing in the texture.

Last boat was gray inside, that was okay too, before that red.

I dislike sparkles on the inside of the boat for sure, I guess that is the one thing I will never have.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Keeper

Here is what it will look like, maybe not this exact boat but Im pretty set on this for the inside and outside. I don't think I will have any issues but
The bug thing is a concern, now i do remember wearing a white t-shirt once sitting next to my old white motor just at dusk with no wind and omg it was horrible. I guess as far as keeping clean I think i can live with that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0066.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	77345   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0067.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	498.0 KB
ID:	77353  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by handeerooster View Post
I have two white boats, they are very hard to keep clean and turn yellow after time from the sun. Also white attract nats and other bugs more then some other colors. My new boat a 209 TFX has a light polyflake silver interior. It is just as cool as the white and doesn't attract the bugs as bad. The best thing I have found to clean the boat is Mr Bubbles shower and bathroom cleaner, just spray it on wait a few minutes and rinse comes out clean as new. The spots that are dirty do require some light scrubbing but the stuff works great.
This is my experience also.

In South Dakota them darn flies get awful hungry and seem to be attracted to the white, for this reason I quit wearing white hats in the boat and when I traded boats last year I purposely stayed away from white. The bugs didn't seem to be as bad last year at least not the darn blood drawing flies.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

Hoyt that interior is very similiar to what I had in my WX2100 and the bugs ate us alive for 5 years.

Are you getting a WX2060? If so you are going to love it. The ReAct keel is awesome.