Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
navionics question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
No such luck finding your suggested settings on my HDS gen3 units. Any other thoughts? Sure would be nice to get rid of those boxes.

Thanks guys!

Pooch
Sent you a PM to call me!
Turn on unit
Select Chart only screen
Menu
Chart Options
Settings
Chart Details
User
Un-Select Chart Boundries
Exit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
Sent you a PM to call me!
Turn on unit
Select Chart only screen
Menu
Chart Options
Settings
Chart Details
User
Un-Select Chart Boundries
Exit
This worked for me except that instead of un-selecting "Chart Boundaries" I had to un-select "Drying Lines" to rid myself of the evil boxes and lines.

I have no idea what "Drying Lines" are. Anyone know?? I wish there was better documentation for these obscure menu items and what they are.

But anyway they are gone so thanks a bunch.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 02-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Clearing the confusion from my post

The evil red boxes I was trying to get rid of and did with Hawkers help works differently before and after the Lowrance HDS update to 4.5.

BEFORE the Lowrance update (new out of the box units) those boxes could be removed by un-selecting the "Drawing Lines" box.

AFTER the Lowrance update to 4.5 the boxes can be removed by un-selecting the "Chart Boundaries" box.

Follow Hawkers instructions:

Turn on unit
Select Chart only screen
Menu
Chart Options
Settings
Chart Details
User
Un-Select "Chart Boundaries"
Exit

Sorry for the confusion, but it's fixed and I learned more about these new units because of this.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."

Last edited by Pooch; 02-25-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
The evil red boxes I was trying to get rid of and did with Hawkers help works differently before and after the Lowrance HDS update to 4.5.

BEFORE the Lowrance update (new out of the box units) those boxes could be removed by un-selecting the "Drawing Lines" box.

AFTER the Lowrance update to 4.5 the boxes can be removed by un-selecting the "Chart Boundaries" box.

Follow Hawkers instructions:

Turn on unit
Select Chart only screen
Menu
Chart Options
Settings
Chart Details
User
Un-Select "Chart Boundaries"
Exit

Sorry for the confusion, but it's fixed and I learned more about these new units because of this.

Pooch
Gotta give credit where credit is due and that's to Walleyedoc for pointing me/us in the right direction to begin with Had I not tried his suggestion I'd/we'd still have boxes/lines!! Kind of nice that WC folks can put heads together and come up with solutions mfgs have no answers for!