Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bear Trail Lodge Closure - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Minnow

Default Don't give up on the trip!

Mike,

This is a huge bummer. I do hope you are able to get your refund. Don't however let this get in the way of a great trip to Eagle Lake. Life is too short. I am coming up this weekend and staying at Vermilion Bay Lodge. Gord and Susanne Bastabel are as trustworthy as they come and they provide great accommodations at a reasonable price. Check them out at:
http://www.vermilionbaylodge.com/

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Keeper

Agreed .....

Still come up to Eagle Lk.
There are many great places to stay..
If you try someone might have an opening, that can accommodate your group .
Old 08-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWwalleye View Post
They was a lengthy thread about this several weeks ago ..
It was locked and cleaned up (I agree it was getting to long).

Definitely wrong on how things were handle.
It seemed kind of shady the way some guests were accommodate earlier and other have no idea on what is going on.
Or can not get in contact with the owners.

If, I were a registered guest and had been ripped off...
I would be finding legal advice and go after them (If, I could !!)....

Good luck ... I hope all works out for you ..

Of course the trouble is.....what do they have to go after? Likely they just cut and their assets are non-existent. I'm sure all they have is debt. Lawyers aren't cheap and I could see it easily being hard to gain anything, even if it is there, after lawyer expense. If I was going to go down this route I would assume from the beginning that it was just out of principle and may in fact cost me more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Minnow

Well, I did just receive an email saying that they are closed. They suggested that everyone go to south shore lodge. They said that they will pay everyone back, however there was no timeline given. We will see what happens. I'm trying to be patient. This was the money I had set aside for canada this year and I don't have time to make other arrangements as my vacation week starts next week.
I have had another bear trail lodge customer contact me, they have been speaking with Canadian authorities and are going to look into it. Not sure what they can do, but we'll see.

Mike.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Minnow

If you have the cash I would be on the phone looking for another lodge/camp. One short phone call is all it could take and you'd be set for a great week on the water! I find the pay in advance discount a little odd as I have not seen it offered on any of the web sites and I have been to a few. Maybe the advance payment discount offer should be a warning sign.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Charter Member

I wonder if you sent a check through the mail, it would be considered mail fraud? That's a criminal offense in the US, not sure about Canada.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I'm trying to be patient
Magoo: If I were you, I would NOT "try to be patient". I would be pressing them to get your money back to you immediately. I'm afraid the longer that you are "patient" --the less chance you will have of getting your money back. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA JOE View Post
If you have the cash I would be on the phone looking for another lodge/camp. One short phone call is all it could take and you'd be set for a great week on the water! I find the pay in advance discount a little odd as I have not seen it offered on any of the web sites and I have been to a few. Maybe the advance payment discount offer should be a warning sign.

I bet if you explained your predicament to other lodges, they might offer a competitive price...some might anyhow. Lots of options on Eagle...God bless the free market.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:09 AM
canada Dave

Sounds like you have one more stop to make when you are in Canada. Go to whereever that email was sent from and collect your money.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Wallhanger

Magoo, are you out the whole cost or just your deposit? I saw your post about the prepay option.