Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mwc 2009 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
River Rat2

Thumbs down Illinois Valley Forecast - Not Good

River is dropping 9 - 12 inches a day and the dam gates were finally lowered on 03-19.
That is the good news. The bad news is that starting Sunday afternoon, weatherman Skilling
is calling for 2-3 inches of rain thru Tuesday evening. That should put an end to the River for March 2009 and a couple of weeks into April.

Worse yet, with the water already high, local towns could see a disasterous flood with fields not able to absorb a lot of the water. This is not going to be a good time down here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Wallhanger

Default Hmmm...

Well, I don't know about Skilling, but here's the forecast for Spring Valley, fwiw.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...0&unit=0&lg=en
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
jack neuman

Default Skillet head

River rat,
Tom Skilling is known to exagerat. The Gfs model does not show that kind of precip. If every event hit us in the worst possible spot, I don't see over 2 inches in the week. I expect Chicago to near south to get 3 events that avg. .2 inches. River will be fine. The doom and gloomers are starting to frustrate me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Minnow

dont forget water runs down hill and spring valley is the botom of a big hill
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
eyezforcash

I saw Skilling last night say that "there is a possibility of 2 to 3 inches according to one of the models.. key word ..one of. Lets pray..no rain\

I also heard tonight that DNR is not allowing any recreational boating on river until Monday. So if your traveling a long way to get here, might want to check that out. I dont know for sure but a local tourny had to cancel for Sunday in Ottawa because of this.. I believe Ottawa is below flood stage,, huh?

Went from Blago era, with no DNR presence to maybe too much now.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Minnow

Was in SV and Hennepin today . Barto parking lot still underwater up to entance road off 89.
Water at Hennepin even with top of ramps, parking lot ful of desbris. Lots of junk still heading downriver!
Road to SV boat club still under water. John boat taxis still running.
Tom Cooney
Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
des moines iowa

The weather is what it is. Very tiresome that the anti-tourney anglers (and I use that term very loosley) just hope and pray for rain. Sorry we take a few saugers from your system once a year, but the revenue to the community is a heck of a lot more. Just stop crying and stop begging that the MWC gets "what it had 2 years ago." The self-wallowing is pitiful.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Wallhanger

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack neuman View Post
River will be fine. The doom and gloomers are starting to frustrate me.

Well said.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:19 AM
komo

I dont think its all doom and gloom. Just being prudent I guess. We all want to fish. Sure conditions can be bad, or downright nasty, but when are the conditions too bad to fish?

A lot of folks are worried about the weather simply because it take the competitive edge out of the equation. 194 blanks a few years back. I am sure no one wants a repeat of that. Plus a lot of folks are traveling and taking time off from work (pre arranged months in advance I might add).

Now I realize the economical impact on Spring Valley, and its all good. Heck, there are a lot of folks that spend some good money there when the MWC isnt in town.

I like Spring Valley, I like fishing there, spending money there, meeting the folks there, and trying to support SVWalleye Club the best I can. For the most part, Spring Valley has the best interest of the fisherman. Lets face it, it is a world class sauger system.

Oh and the ottawa tournament sounds like a go for Sunday.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Minnow

Default Stay home until this is over

Check this out!
For more doom & gloom.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?article=3