Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fish easy 2 - portable gragh - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2004, 07:49 PM
water-crawler

Default Fish easy 2 - portable gragh

I NEED TO BUY ONE FOR A TRIP TO CANADA NEXT MONTH, AND WAS WONDERING HOW LONG A CHARGE WOULD LAST ON THE 8 D-CELL BATTERIES IT TAKES , OR IF I SHOULD BUY THE GELL CELL. ALSO HOW MUCH DETAIL I CAN EXPECT FROM THIS UNIT. ANY INFO ON THIS UNIT WOULD BE WELL TAKEN. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Albert Einstein

Default RE: Fish easy 2 - portable gragh

8 D batteries wont cut it. You need a small motor cycle battery and you will still have to recharge it every other day. NEVER turn the unit's backlight on or it draws even more. Unit will shut itself down when voltage reaches about 10 volts.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Keeper

I have this exact unit and use it when using smaller boats or traveling and using "camp" boats. The unit works okay for the $$$ and you will learn what it will and won't do. It will show fish but not as good as like a Lowrance x-125 or better.

Go with a set of Duracells if you don't have a way to recharge. To save batteries turn the backlight off as soon as you power up and also turn the unit off when not needed and you should be fine for the entire week. Ive used one off and on for a entire season before and not had too much trouble with batteries. I now use a rechargeable Gel Cell (Cabelas) and it doesnt get near as many hours before it needs to be recharged. If you have a way to recharge then the gel cell, if you don't then use a Duracell type battery.

The one thing I did with mine was replaced the suction cup mount with a portable aluminum bracket type that you can buy. The suction cup would never stay on like its supposed too for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 08:26 AM

Just got back from Canadian trip and have the same graph. Have used it twice on fly-in trips and have never had to use more than one set of batteries each time during 6 1/2 days of fishing each trip. Each trip I have taken an extra set along, and have never had to use them. Make sure you have the back light off.