Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spearing Waves - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post
There will never be a clear cut answer here because everyones definition of "waves" is different. Conditions will never be the same and drivers will never be the same.

I have talked to guys at the launch coming in when we are heading out to salmon fish. They will say "we came in because of the 4'ers out there" Funny that when we get out there they are more like 2'ers. Most poeple just do not understand how big an actual 4'-5' roller is.

-Eli

THANK YOU!
i could not agree more, its just like telling fish stories, the fish and waves get bigger every time the story is told.

my pro-v has never seen a wave come over the bow while trolling, but while under power, i can't say the same thing. anyone who has ever fished the lower end on oahe in 25-35mph winds can't tell me they didnt get wet on the boat ride back unless it was a south wind and you were fishing the dam.

to the OP, when you find a boat that never gets wet while trolling, or under power, please let me know. i think your best bet is going to be a baron with an 84 inch shaft minn kota with 185 ft/lb, 60 volt motor to hold it onto a spot