Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft Competitor 175 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Slot Fish

Ok, great. I was thinking it would. I figured if I can fit a 1975 Fleetwood in the garage, I should be able to fit just about anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
First off, you got 4 quotes all within $10!!! I would think that would tell you that the price you got was the best your going to get.
As for the one in Wi Rapids, I don't think you are correct in thinking that the used 150 E-Tec should be about the same as the 115 yami. If you are looking to save or add some nice electronics I would be calling them in the morning. They are good people to work with! Let's look at this logically, you get the boat you want, you get it maxed out power wise, the motor is just broke in, not really used, you can get it in black, with all the toys you are looking for plus electronics for the same price!! If I didn't just buy one......man I would be calling them in the morning!
Sorry, they were all within 500 to 600 bucks of each other. You are right about that boat though. I will be calling them in the morning. Seems like an awesome deal. I am just really worried about the etec. I've read a lot of reviews about them, and it seems like people either love them or they hate them. I work with a guy that has had nothing but problems with his since he got it. It just seems like the yamaha's are a little more reliable, that's a whole different discussion though. Thanks for the heads up on that boat though. That is more around the price I was expecting to pay. As far as dealers go, when it comes to getting your boat serviced, do you have to take to the place that you bought it from, or can you go to any dealer that carries your product?
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Wallhanger

I purchased a 175 sport with the limited package earlier this year in June from Cabelas in MI.

Feel that I got a decent deal on the package.

Has the rear casting deck

Top speed with a 4 blade prop is 38, but it really gets up out of the water with a full load.

The limited package gives it some nice features, really nice graphics and paint.

The Eagle bunk trailer is perfect for the boat. Easy load and unload

Been really happy with this package.

Alumacraft 175 Sport Limited package
Mercury 115 4 Stroke
Lowrance Elite 7
Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV
Minn Kota Terrova iPilot
Eagle Bunk Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep_usn View Post
Sorry, they were all within 500 to 600 bucks of each other. You are right about that boat though. I will be calling them in the morning. Seems like an awesome deal. I am just really worried about the etec. I've read a lot of reviews about them, and it seems like people either love them or they hate them. I work with a guy that has had nothing but problems with his since he got it. It just seems like the yamaha's are a little more reliable, that's a whole different discussion though. Thanks for the heads up on that boat though. That is more around the price I was expecting to pay. As far as dealers go, when it comes to getting your boat serviced, do you have to take to the place that you bought it from, or can you go to any dealer that carries your product?

That question has been asked over and over. I have a real good friend who has a dealership with Alumacraft. His comments to me has always been "service is KING, and if I do a good job servicing someone elses boat or motor, chances are he/she will come back to me when it's time to buy again". There may be others that don't feel that way, But this dealership makes WAY more of his profit on service/parts/repair than he does on the sales of new/used rigs. When it comes to warranty work, you don't pay anyway, so why should it matter where you buy it, the Mnf is picking up the tab. Some of the problems arise because a dealership may not have enough techs working for him, that's a "him" problem not a "you" problem. A good dealer will fix anything that comes in the door, if not, I'd be calling the Mnf. Each dealer is judged by the Mnf every year on such things. Look at it this way, do you have to take your new truck back to the dealership you bought it from if something goes wrong while on your way through, say Duluth, of course not, and this should be the same thing.

And as far as the E-Tec is concerned, dependability was the highest on my list too, but BRP has made some very good improvements from the original design and the Gen 2/3 that these motors are for 2013, the E-Tec was VERY high on my list.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Keeper

Default Worth a look

This one might be worth a look, comes with a nice Humminbird and Minnkota.

http://www.mandjmarine.com/new_vehic...34&pov=3848125
Old 09-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
First off, you got 4 quotes all within $10!!! I would think that would tell you that the price you got was the best your going to get.
As for the one in Wi Rapids, I don't think you are correct in thinking that the used 150 E-Tec should be about the same as the 115 yami. If you are looking to save or add some nice electronics I would be calling them in the morning. They are good people to work with! Let's look at this logically, you get the boat you want, you get it maxed out power wise, the motor is just broke in, not really used, you can get it in black, with all the toys you are looking for plus electronics for the same price!! If I didn't just buy one......man I would be calling them in the morning!

First off, I would like to thank everybody for their input on this discussion. Aspencreek, I called Galles in Wi Rapids this morning. They gave me a quote on a 2015 competitor 175, New 115hp Yamaha, rear bench seat/casting deck, bunk trailer, 80lb terrova I-pilot, hydraulic steering, and the limited package for $25,825 plus tax and title. Doesn't have the graphs, but it is the exact same setup for the one they have with the used 150 evinrude. That is more of the price range I was thinking about. I am probably going to stop in and see them on Saturday and see if they will throw in a cover and a graph. If they do, it will be a done deal. Thanks again to everyone that has added their input. I will keep everyone posted on how it all pans out.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Wallhanger

Go get'm Tiger, enjoy Wi Rapids, don't worry about the slight aroma in the air, it's just what makes our paper, paper!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Keeper

ep usn got the measurements on back of outboard to the tongue folded in. Measurement is from 150 hph cavitation plate above prop to the tongue on hitch folded in at longest point length is 21ft 4in on a Tennessee trailer width Is 8ft 7in on trailers widest point. Hope this will help. Black with the graphics will look mighty sharp.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Keeper

Something to keep in mind with a black boat is that it can be hard to keep clean and it shows every little scratch and scuff.

Take a look at the thread by 74Redone

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=385881
Old 09-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Keeper

Make sure you spend some time in a Competitor 175 with the flip up casting deck with jump seats. That casting deck takes up a lot of room in a 175. You can't use the rear seat bases with the casting deck down.

On the 185, the rear bases can still be used with the casting deck down.

As for the OB on the 175 - If you ever plan on installing a kicker on the boat, I suggest you stick with the 115 instead of going to a 150. I have the 185 with a 150 and 9.9 and it sits a little lower in the water than I would like.

Last edited by CPDFisherman; 09-18-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Tags
175cs , alumacraft , competitor