Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for cheap 2 to 3-ton toe jack in minneapolis - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Default Looking for cheap 2 to 3-ton toe jack in minneapolis

I am looking for a place in the Minneapolis area that sells cheap China toe jacks. Rental is our last resort, but we want to buy one.

http://www.hyjacks.com/zhc.jpg

Harbor Freight and Northern don't have the cheap ones. The closest is a special order through Northern for a 6 ton $400

Northern use to sell a 2 ton for around $129 to 150.

Does anyone know of a place in Minneapolis/St Paul that would sell the cheap China stuff? I don't have time to order it through Amazon. I need it ASAP.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

just have a welding shop fab up that piece out of some scrap. how much you lifting?
Old 10-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Charter Member

Try amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=toe+jack

If you are a member of Amazon Prime, it will be two day free shipping.

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Wallhanger

What about Harbor Freight
Old 10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

Looks like these guys claim to be the exclusive mfg/dist of these jacks
moveheavystuff.com

Might be worth a call to see if they have a dealer in the St Paul area.
888-848-0499
Later, Jay
Old 10-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Keeper

Default Toe Jacks

Unless it positively, absolutely has to be hydraulic, look into a Handyman Jack. Purely mechanical and comes in various heights and lifts. Try the Man's Mall (Fleet Farm)- - -jerr
Old 10-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Charter Member

After thinking about the use of the toe jack, I still needed to get a viable safe way to get a lifting point to work. Just as a side note, normally if a rigger would move a press like this they would use a small gantry and screw in some eye hooks to the top frame. This is a small press and it can be moved on a skid by 4 guys muscling onto a skid with a large Johnson bar and tiering it up on blocks. I did not want to do it this way because the lower frame is not very strong with weird side loads and the press side covers can break with the push load from people pushing it around to manipulate.

Since there was no easy quick place to get these, and I still have issues with a solid lift point, I spent some time getting my TIG welder up and running from being down for a couple of years. I am going to fabricate a lifting system that uses slide-in brackets in the lower frame tubes of the press we are trying to pull on and off of a skid. With this system I then can use a regular 2 - ton car floor jack to lift one side to start blocking up and if all works out right the press will be suspended in the air to easily slide a skid under it. ( famous last words )

Now that my TIG is up and running I could make the toe jack piece that I could add on to a bottle jack. But I would still needed address the safe lifting point that I am addressing with my new plan.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_11668.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by Apple Guy; 10-15-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Apple Guy, Be careful in jacking up one side so far that you break a cover on the other side. Best to remove lower covers.If the press has a place to run a solid bar clear through it you can then jack it up from there & block it. Alternate side to side & end to end until you get the height you want. That is how I do most of them. I have a 10 ton railroad jack that I haven't found anything yet that it won't move! Later, Jay