Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger trailer bunks - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 02-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Minnow

Default Ranger trailer bunks

want to replace the carpeting on my Ranger trailer with synthic bunk covers (www.gatorbak.com). Have you used this product or similar product? What results have you had. I understand this is cleaner, drier and easy to maintain. Appreciate your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

I thought about doing that with mine. Then I had the idea of of getting the gatorbaks and covering them with carpet so that gelcoat would have a nice soft surface to slide on. And with the channeled bunk covers not absorbing water they should dry a lot faster. Taking a 2000 plus pound boat and sliding it across plastic/rubber just seems to me would scratch the heck out of the hull over time. The bigger issue with wood bunks are they retain water and rot over time. These covers would allow your bunks to dry faster. They sure are pricey for what they are though.

I asked the people at gatorbak about attaching carpet to there bunks, they were less than receptive. I may still do it, just waiting for my bunks or carpet to go first before spending money on it.

Last edited by skeeter012; 02-09-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Keeper

Those ones do look pretty rigid. I have a older aluminum boat I plan on keeping for a long time so to me I dont care as much about how what possibly might happen to the paint, as much as I care about functionality. I plan on ordering these for mine.

http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/ite...CR0606&eq=&Tp=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette04 View Post
want to replace the carpeting on my Ranger trailer with synthic bunk covers (www.gatorbak.com). Have you used this product or similar product? What results have you had. I understand this is cleaner, drier and easy to maintain. Appreciate your comments.
Tried them, didn't like them. If the screws back out or the carpet wears you end up with scratches. Just my expersnce.