Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Larson FX 2020 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Wallhanger

i spent some time in one of these at a boat show today. really good looking boat. lots of usable storage. huge bow... for the money right at 48k with 250 verado and kicker and some other options.

i would like to see some more reviews and would def consider in my next purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gull Lake Guy View Post
Does anyone know of a dealership in Minnesota that has a 20' tiller in stock. Photos look good, but I would like to see one in person. THANKS
FArm Island Repair and Marine on Hwy 169 By Mille Lacs
Old 03-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

My neighbors 20 foot glastron uses a VEC hull. He has used it quite a bit, and has had 0 issues with the hull.

In his case, the hull design is excellent and it has a nice soft ride, the runs in the high 50s with the engine he has in the boat.
Nice and quiet hull as well.

REW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillysmi View Post
i spent some time in one of these at a boat show today. really good looking boat. lots of usable storage. huge bow... for the money right at 48k with 250 verado and kicker and some other options.

i would like to see some more reviews and would def consider in my next purchase.
X2 for me. I sat in the same boat at the same show and can't get it out of my head. Guess I'll have to start playing the lottery, at my age I'll never save 48K
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
My neighbors 20 foot glastron uses a VEC hull. He has used it quite a bit, and has had 0 issues with the hull.

In his case, the hull design is excellent and it has a nice soft ride, the runs in the high 50s with the engine he has in the boat.
Nice and quiet hull as well.

REW
I've got a friend with a 20' Sea Ray that is a VEC. I can't say it rides better than a 620 but it is definitely better than a tin boat. It is a bit noisy as well but the 5.7 V8 and the wakeboard tower both have something to do with that. I'd be interested to see if they fill that hull with foam, that really kills hull noise.

As far as reliability of the VEC design.. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more VEC's running in coastal waters than all of the Skeeters, Rangers, Lunds and Yarcrafts combined. They are so much cheaper to build than a hand laid boat, they could overhaul the fishing boat market in a big way.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Wallhanger

Your buddys Sea Ray shouldnt have VEC, VEC is a Genmar thing, Genmar is now gone but Erwin Jacobs still owns VEC and uses it on Larson, In the Past it was used in Larson also.....Sea Ray is a Brunswick brand, Brunswick and Erwin were never friends....
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
Your buddys Sea Ray shouldnt have VEC, VEC is a Genmar thing, Genmar is now gone but Erwin Jacobs still owns VEC and uses it on Larson, In the Past it was used in Larson also.....Sea Ray is a Brunswick brand, Brunswick and Erwin were never friends....
I'll have to look at it again, it's in my building... I thought it had a VEC badge on it.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Wallhanger

fwiw LaCannes has a tiller and a walk through now, nice boats going to look next week.
Looking for reviews..anybody??

Al
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Allen, you could call Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods. I believe Tom from Wigwam ran one as a guide boat on L-O-W and I'm sure he would give you his take.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by srj View Post
Allen, you could call Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods. I believe Tom from Wigwam ran one as a guide boat on L-O-W and I'm sure he would give you his take.
Thanks, we're off to take a look see now and take a closer look at one.

Al