Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Saginaw Bay East Side Skinny. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 01-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Wallhanger

Default Saginaw Bay East Side Skinny.

Hi Folks.

Fished tonight about 3 miles out from Thomas road, on the east side of the Bay. Unlike the West side of the Bay, you could safely go out in a Greyhound bus for the 3 miles we went this afternoon on the east side. No bad cracks and about 20 to 24 inches of good hard ice. And the ride in tonight was about as cold a ride as I have taken in a few years. -3 on the mirror temp gauge when I started the truck to come off the Bay. I froze both my eyeballs because my goggles were rendered useless.

Anywho, I wish I would have brought the Gaff in the shanty this afternoon. I usually dont use the gaff but between 4:00pm and 4:30pm I had two walleyes that would have both been over 5 pounds right to the hole, and they both pulled off. Then of course just hovered there even with the bottom of the hole getting their bearings, until finally swimming off slowly back to the 16 1/2 foot of water they came from. I would have went bear scooping, had it not been for the 24 inches of ice.

My bud also lost one soon after I did, same deal. That was it, it was over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Lil' Worm

Default RE: Saginaw Bay East Side Skinny.

Thinking of heading that way on saturday. just wondering what the program was that you got the eyes on. Have only tried that way for perch. Any advice would be helpful(lures,bait...) Thanx.