Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 96 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 12-29-2016, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

Was out Tues night again.. one small one abt 11" again and one bigger one missed, prob around 19-20". Three times out in the last week: only four bites, three fish... You're not the only one struggling!

Sure these temps got the fish all confused too. I've never caught so many small ones before like 11-12" maybe it's a good sign maybe it isn't

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Keeper

Well the impending ice-in coming, I decided to head out and try tonight. 35 mph gusts be dammed, wind chill in the teens…no worries! LOL I lasted exactly 20 minutes. The only spot that produced a walleye for me so far is smack dam on a bank facing the West wind! Brrr and BRRRRR. Oh well. I can usually tuff it out if I’m catching fish but once again, this season has been a head scratcher for me. So I will sit back a sip hot chocolate while I watch the river ice over in the coming days and reevaluate my approach to water that should be holding fish but just isn’t producing. I do know that my hot spots having been getting more attention from competition but most of those guys are fishing in warm weather and stay in when I’m still fishing. Maybe live bait would be a good alternative when times get tough but I simply HATE fishing shiners. But hopefully I get a chance to fish again before the season goes out. Long range temps look frigid into March so I’m guessing there will be little chance of that. But I’m hopeful! So I leave y’all with thoughts of better days ahead and toothy critters waiting to be caught. If temps turn north of 40 and the ice melts before season out, I will be back!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Wallhanger

Well, this is from the new tackle talk newsletter...

With temperatures close to zero degrees in some places and ice floating on the Susquehanna River at various locations, it takes hardy anglers to fish in these conditions. *Nevertheless, some anglers were still fishing from the banks and other locations on the river, and reports were that they were doing well. *Some smallmouth bass and walleye are being taken, mostly south of the PP&L plant on the Shamokin Dam side. *

Bass are hitting on 3-inch rubber grubs and Old Trail salted tubes in smoke and dark green/gold flake colors fished very slowly and close to the bottom. *Walleye are being taken on live nightcrawlers and crawler rigs with spinners, tipped with various colors of rubber grubs. *Most musky hunters are waiting patiently for a let up in the ice situation on the river. *

This can be the best time of year to catch a big muskie, but the ice is getting in the way. *Most area lakes have good ice. *Anglers are reporting some good fishing at Faylor Lake and Walker Lake for bluegill. *Ice jigs tipped with waxworms have been the top bait. *Perch, bass and pickerel have been taken mainly on shiners.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Latest report

Tackle Talk for this Week
The recent mild weather has made late-season bass and walleye fishing above average. The Susquehanna River is off color, with water levels several feet higher than last week from recent rain and snow melt. Anglers are reporting some nice walleye being caught at the Hoover’s Island area and various backwater locations. Old Trail Salted Tubes in the darker colors and 3 1/2 inch rubber twist grubs in smoke, chartreuse and green pumpkin are among the lures working well for walleye. Some large smallies and walleye have been caught in the Shady Nook and Isle of Que areas. Bass are being taken on large live shiners, nightcrawlers and Old Trail Salted Tubes. Walleye are being picked up on chartreuse glitter twist grubs and medium live shiners which have been consistent producers. Muskie are being caught on a variety of the most common muskie lures around Hoover’s Island, McKees Half Falls and near the PP&L Dam on the Shamokin Dam side. Ice fishing is still in full swing with most area lakes reporting at least four inches of good ice.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Keeper

Water is just under 4 feet at Bloomsburg. Heading out tonight before the snow arrives. Water is going to 8 ft in the next few days so I need to hit it now. I guess you get what you wish for. I wanted more water and I got it! Now it's too much! It's been over 4 ft for over a month and if not for that, we had ice too! ARGH!! My walleye rod was literally weeping the other day. I guess she feels neglected. So I promised her some good hard walleye fishin tonight. Full report to come!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Keeper

Default Its a new year

Well Walleye heads, who's fishin? I just geared up since the water got a little softer and it looks like I may get a window of opportunity. Warm temps and high water opened a lot of my go-to spots but for now, theres just too much flow for me to fish. Hoping to see it drop another foot or two and the water clarity improve too. Its been over a year since I caught a walleye! Argh!
Old 02-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Minnow

yeah i been wanting to get up but the ice i wanted to fish didnt last and time was an issue...gunna wait for a buddy of mine that lives up in plymouth to tell me we wont have to dodge ice bergs then we will get on with the boat...i havent been on the river since december 2016 and now i am hearing i may have to work some saturdays..if conditions are good i wont be working saturdays...my drive is a little over an hour so i am limited
Old 08-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Minnow

Default River eyes

Just read entire thread as I am chasing eyes.Thanks to all for the info.Good fishing
Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Keeper

Default Lets get this started again

So its been some time since I’ve even landed an Eye let alone fish for them. Last year was a bust! This year is sizing up nicely and I can’t be happier! I fished the west shore of the fiber dam this evening and landed one little 14 inch Walleye on my usual stick bait. If the water level keeps falling and clearing up, the rest of the month should be great! So long as the deep freeze doesn’t set in and freeze the friggin river! I’ve recently discovered big Browns in the Lehigh Gorge so I will have to spread myself between there and my beloved Walleye. Hope everyone is well and fishing!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Keeper

Well that was nice. 2 fish 17 and 20 inches. Get out there and fish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181214_205144_1544892144287.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	306156