Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
24v system question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Minnow

Default Saga continues

Well...I had the battery I suspected as bad load tested and it failed.

I installed 2 new batteries and hooked to the onboard charger and only the power light comes on. So I proceed to do what I should have done in the first place...read the manual. Manual led me to checking fuses and I determined that I had a bad fuse. This explains why my good replacement battery did not help on my test run fishing trip the other batter was dead and not getting a charge due to fuse. I am charging my mixed pair now (2011 27 group dual purpose and 2008 27 group deep cycle). If the charger had a set of indicator lights this could have been avoided. If either of the pair of battery leads is charging it will show as charging even with the blown fuse...

I think I'll take the new batteries in for a refund. I'd rather buy a new pair of batteries in spring than fall. I'll have the other 2008 battery load tested before I do the refund.

After doing some more research I think I want the batteries plus group 31s anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Minnow

Default I had a similar problem

Hey Wesman40, are you pulling power for a fish finder from one of you trolling motor batteries? If you do, your batteries will die quickly and you risk melting you trolling motor! This is the verry problem I was dealing with this spring after making some "improvements" on my boat! Hope this helps.