Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
A or X-Bolt 7mm-08 Left Hand - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntracker View Post
the only difference in the stock is what side it is cut for the bolt. You should be able to drive the rifle left or right handed.
Except for a Monte Carlo stock, which is ether left or right. As a left handed shooter I have no problem with a right handed gun if I can reach the safety. Semi's are tough if they eject out the right side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Slot Fish

I am lefty too. I shot right-handed guns for years. I stop through the local sporting goods stores every couple weeks to see what they have lefty's they have used. I picked up a Rem LH 700LSS/7mm a few years ago just by luck at Gander, just got lucky there. That gun is awesome, try looking for a remington? Not sure if you are set on a bolt action, but I like the TC Encore look pretty sweet to me, and may be my next purchase.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM
Keeper

wouldn't run a monte carlo if it was gave to me, Manners McMillian or
Bell and Carlson for a cheaper alternative.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Keeper

Default for what its worth

I like my Winchester model 70..........BUT,,,,,,,,,cabelas is blowing out browning and weatherby bolt actions.....new,,,,starting from 299.00......

im not saying good bad or ugly,,,,,,,,,just saying ...............
Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Wallhanger

Default Yee-haw!!

As a lefty, I applaud you for wanting to go the extra mile. I've got the rifle you're looking at, an A bolt LH 7-08. Since I also have a stainless stalker A bolt LH in a 7 mag, an A-bolt was a more natural fit for me since the actions function the same way. I believe the change to the x-bolt offers the bolt to be able to operate when the safety is ON.
Calibers are limited in the LH x-bolts. If you can find a micro in a LH A-bolt, don't discount it as an option. the differences are miniscule by the ruler, and I believe the micro is offered as a satin finish, which was more to my liking.
You or he will never have a problem selling a left handed gun. There will always be lefties, and LH guns usually sell at a little of a premium. The ability esp with a LH bolt to get loaded for a followup shot is worth the effort!
BTW, while every gun is different, if you go with the Browning, try fusion ammo. PM me for more info if you want, but on 4 shots at 100, I can cover any 3 and touch the fourth with a quarter...
The deer see me uncase that thing and they get religion.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Keeper

I have had three Left handed rifles, my first was a Browning A-Bolt in a 7mm Remington magnum and the second was a Sako in a 300 Weatherby magnum and my current gun is a Tikka in a 270 Winchester. As I got older I wanted less punch. Currently I'm looking at a Tikka T3 Lite in a 270 WSM. Don't feel the need for the short mag but that's what the dealer currently has in stock and it's lighter than my current Tikka with less punch than the 300 Weatherby. I'm very happy with Tikka. Just a thought.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Keeper

buddy has the tikka in 270 wsm and it shoots lights out not very much fun to shoot a bunch at on sitting though. Some 130 ttsx screaming out of it does a number on deer
Old 09-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Wallhanger

Not one to drag out an old thread but bit the proverbial bullet and got my son exactly what he wanted, an X-bolt 7mm-08 left hand. We got it for his birthday a few weeks ago and he was thrilled. Going out to shoot it in a few weeks as he is in college.

The gun is beautiful, got it at Mels Trading post in Rhinelander, WI. They were great to deal with as another son was working up there this summer and I went to visit and bumped into this sport shop just for fun. Mels's is one of those timeless places we went to in our youth with big eyes and wonder. I got the screw it attitude immediately (gonna buy something) walking in. Could have gotten it anywhere but it just felt right and so was the price quote. Can't wait to take it out with my kid and enjoy the outdoors with him. And I got him what he really wanted. Life is good.