Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trailer Spare Tire - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Catch,
A couple of reasons why trailers seem to blow more often than auto tires.
Simply put, many more trailer tires are loaded to, or past their max load limits - compared to auto tires.

Now, in contrast, talk to truck drivers and RV drivers who also load their rigs to or above max on the tires and you will hear stories of lots of blown tires.
Makes perfect sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Again, the best idea is to use a tire that is rated well above the load that you are carrying and be sure to change the tire when it gets to 6 years of age from the date of manufacture.
On the advice I received under this topic I did replace my 8 year-old tires (at the time) two years ago in June of 2010 (and I now know that I waited two years too long!). Anyway I decided to upgrade from a Load Range 'C' to a 'D' just for a little added safety margin. Brand name was Kenda and I purchased through RecStuff.com. So far, so good. But what I need to do now, though, is buy a new spare tire and get it into the rotation ASAP. My current spare is one of the originals that came with the trailer when I bought it 10 years ago, so it definitely needs to be replaced. I certainly don't want to follow in 1860's buddy's footsteps! ;-)

Last edited by Catch'nRelease; 06-07-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Yes,
REW