Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trailers and stuff - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Tom B

Default Trailers and stuff

My wife and I are thinking about buying a trailer and keeping it seasonally at a resort. For those that are doing this type of thing, what advice do you have?? We are looking exclusively at muskie lakes in Minnesota (kind of narrows down the search, but, that's the way it is.) What are the typical fees for a season and for winter storage. Any resorts that you would absolutely stay away from?

Another thought that we had was to buy a used trailer that is already at a resort, but, how would we go about finding one??

Thanks
Tom B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Tom B

Default Trailers and stuff

My wife and I are thinking about buying a trailer and keeping it seasonally at a resort. For those that are doing this type of thing, what advice do you have?? We are looking exclusively at muskie lakes in Minnesota (kind of narrows down the search, but, that's the way it is.) What are the typical fees for a season and for winter storage. Any resorts that you would absolutely stay away from?

Another thought that we had was to buy a used trailer that is already at a resort, but, how would we go about finding one??

Thanks
Tom B
Old 03-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Musky Mike

Default RE: Trailers and stuff

Tom,
Just check with the campgrounds in the area(s) you are considering to inquire what, if any, trailers are for sale. My wife and I have a 36ft 5th wheel camper that we pull around to various campgrounds in Wisconsin and there is almost never a campground we visit that doesn't have some trailers for sale by owners. You could also check with any camper sales yards in your area as they will likely have some used trailers for sale also. Good luck in your search, hope you find just what you are looking for.

Mike
Old 03-06-2004, 10:31 AM
mdsranger

been doing th travel trailer thing in no. minn. for twenty yrs. and love it. seasonal site rents are usually due april 1 and can range $1000 to $3000 depending on location and amenities. find an open site at resort you like first as many places have limits on trailer size. it's common to have full water/sewer hookup and have to pay your own elect. bill. some places charge a daily fee for your guests, some don't. you may have to put your name on a waiting list. check back with resorts around april 1, as some people give moving out notice when rent isdue. good luck! mike
Old 03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Tom, I sent you an e-mail did you receive it? There are more openings on Leech at Waters Edge. The new owner will only gaurantee two seasons.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Tom B

yep, I replied last evening....

Tom B