Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fort Peck Report - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Keeper

I would also say that walleye fishing can be tough in late Sept. There are issues like lake turnover that slows the bite.
However, northern pike and smallies tend to cooperate and can save the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Wallhanger

Trapper John, are you a guide?

I've extended my time off and I guess I'm going to go **** creek next saturday and have the option of staying a week. We're going to try the lake on the 3rd and the 4th and if we can't catch fish I'm thinking about seeing if a guide can show what I'm doing wrong. If you are a guide, can I call you that week or can you recommend someone?

Do you know if the RV sites at the state park there fill up on the weekend?

Mike
Old 06-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

Mike, I am a guide. A lot of the walleyes have moved into the shallow water. People are getting them in 4-10 feet. Jigs and bottom bouncers with spinner rigs are working well. The weeds make it hard to troll cranks in that shallow. Minnows,crawlers and leeches are all working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Minnow

Default elkhunter173

It has been a long time since I have fished Fort Peck 9 years. I lived in Park Grove for a couple of years. Only have one friend up there left ( Ken Johnson) mech at the marina. My uncle Rick Willis moved away over 10 years ago and got me hooked on walleye when I could barely pick a walleye up. I will be at the lodge at **** creek the first couple days of July. Looking forward to fish Peck again! Good luck trapper and hope for good fishing weather. What is the water temp. I figure it should be around 65 and the walleye should be in the willows in the shallow. Thanks for the post. If I see you I will buy you a drink of your choice. I'll be in a 1988 crestliner gray/maroon from Wyoming with 3 of my four young boys. Boys that are hooked like me!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Wallhanger

elkhunter, I'll be there from the 3rd until the 10th. If you see a big green bus, (airbus diesel pusher) in the state park, that's me. On the water its a blue alumacraft. If I get into them and you find me, I'll let you know where and how I'm catching them.

Mike
Old 06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
elkhunters173

Mike,

I will be staying at the hotel driving a gray suburban pulling the maroon and gray 1988 crestliner. I will be leaving the morning of the third around 0900. If you see me I will let you know how we did.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Wallhanger

Default July

Ill be there the 5th-12th. ill keep an eye out for you guys and share info if i have any. ill be in black and white Triton 215, merc motors. blue GMC pulling it.. ill be lauching out of the marina at the face but ill bee all over the lake.. planning on going west for the most part. see you guys you there

Gary
Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 PM
beer hunter

Default peck

headin up the last weeked of july. i know **** creek is fishing good but how about the devils creek and crooked creek areas. does anybody have any reports.

thanks
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Minnow

Default Fort Peck

We fished yesterday after a bad cold front and the fishing was slower. We ended up with 8 walleye that went 11,3,2 and the rest were small. 11 northerns that were 5,3, and the rest small and 2 smallmouths. We caught most East out of Hells creek and in 15-20 feet. All were on cranks. The whole lake has been fishing well and I had some friends who fished last week-end out of Crooked creek and they caught 30 walleyes from 1-3 pounds and a 27 pound northern. They also caught a large crappie. Most were caught in 8-15 feet and all were on cranks. They said the water stated to clear around lost creek.