Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Picking up my new boat today! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Slot Fish

Smile

Congratulations!
Time to go fishing.
Winnebago is hot for walleyes as we speak!
Lots of brown trout in lake Michigan over at here at Manitowoc.
Then again, Green Bay is in your backyard too.
My favorite website.
http://www.lake-link.com/Wisconsin-Fishing-Reports/
Have a great summer!
Chris
Min Kota Terrova
HB 999

Last edited by cwt; 04-18-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Looking At Rebel Tiller

I am considering the identical rig as well, a 2015 Rebel 1650 Rebel XL Tiller with the Mercury 60 and Big Tiller Handle.

What prop did you go with?? My dealer gave me a choice of either a Spitfire 12 Pitch or a 13 Pitch. I am trying to decide which is best.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking At Rebel Tiller View Post
I am considering the identical rig as well, a 2015 Rebel 1650 Rebel XL Tiller with the Mercury 60 and Big Tiller Handle.

What prop did you go with?? My dealer gave me a choice of either a Spitfire 12 Pitch or a 13 Pitch. I am trying to decide which is best.
I run a 13" Spitfire on that combination, and just hit 6000rpm with myself in the boat. I would imagine that a 12" would have a better holeshot, but you might have to watch WOT rpms if you run light.

HRG
Old 04-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Minnow

Default 7Stripes

I'll have some pictures up soon....been too busy fishing!
As stated by one of the other posters, we got a 2 person limit of 17-18 inch walleyes on Friday...not a bad maiden voyage!

A few comments on the new rig....
I bought the new boat from Wendts, can't say enough good things about Scott, I ordered the boat in January with a MinnKota Terrova bow mount. Two weeks before I picked it up, Scott let me switch to a Motorguide Xi5 at no additional cost....more on that later. The 60 HP 4 Stroke Merc came with a 12 pitch Spitfire prop...love it. Good hole shot and a top speed of 34 MPH (Two guys with a fair amount of gear)...don't know the RPM's (tillers don't come with a tach).

Upgrading from a 16 ft 1992 rebel...I noticed the following differences. Being significantly wider, the new Rebel XL is really stable and the storage is way more than I expected....just lets me know I don't have enough gear! The livewell being near the bow is a little inconvenient, but not a big deal. I would prefer to have a middle seat in the center of the boat, but understand why lund didn't want a seat over the gas tank....I can add that later if I really want it.

Now for the other gear...
On my old rig I had a Minnkota Powerdrive with ipilot...the new Motorguide is a SIGNIFICANT improvement especially in the anchor or spotlock function. The old ipilot would keep you in the general area, but the boat would spin and eventually the powercable would get wrapped around the motor and you would have to unwind it...the Xi5 has none of these issues...it worked so well that I may even try it this year when I'm deadsticking for perch...this coming from a two anchor perch guy.

The Shorelandr roller trailer is as close to perfect as I could ask for. I pull out the strap, hook it to the nose of the boat, and winch it up the whole length of the trailer with one hand....never touching the strap to re-center the boat....nice!

The Lowrance 7 gen3 is fast and bright...but does take a little while to warm up in the cooler weather. Really haven't had enough time on the water to get it setup to 100% to my liking...but that will come.
The big tiller handle is very comfortable and I really like the trim / tilt on the handle....haven't had the opportunity to try out the RPM +/- yet.

All in all I'm extremely happy with the new rig. I'll post additional as get some more time on the water.

Tight Lines!
7Stripes

Last edited by 7Stripes; 04-19-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Wallhanger

Awesome rig! enjoy!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Slot Fish

The fishing must be pretty good! I am still waiting for the pictures. Sounds like a very nice set up...h2l
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 AM
Slot Fish

Congrats on your new purchase! I think you're in for a great summer
2015 Mercury 9.9 ProKicker
MK Terrova 112 (72" shaft) w/ i-Pilot
Old 04-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Minnow

Default Finally got some time for pics

Finally a sunny day!

Hopefully I can get it wet again this weekend.

7Stripes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat 1 small.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	149249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat2 small.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	149257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat 3 small.jpg