Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How Not to Go Boating... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2002, 04:23 AM
Charter Member

Default How Not to Go Boating...

Youngest son and I took the boat out alone yesterday for the first time on Canadarago Lake. The guy in charge of the launch was a little concerned when he saw I was going to handle her alone. (Men have no faith in us girls)
Even said he'd have the sheriff's patrol check on us when they showed up. (Just what I need a guy in a uniform looking for me) But then he said, "You'll probably do fine though, not like the guy yesterday." He then preceded to tell us that a guy took his boat full throttle up the lake and right into the trees on the upper shore line. He said he didn't know how the guy was though I guess they did take him to the hospital and he said the guy's boat was a nice boat not a junk. (Notice the word WAS) What I can't figure out is even if his throttle stuck why wouldn't he turn off the key????? The guy at the launch figured he was under the influence... But hey, I guess a heart attack or stroke would mess up an operator enough so that they wouldn't be able to function too? Whatever caused this guy to be unable to control his boat, thank God it wound up in the trees and not into another boat. It's still a sobering thought though... Sure wouldn't have wanted to be close to that guy on the water Saturday and I could have been....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: How Not to Go Boating...

Must have been a Bass guy!!

I have a good friend who moved from Minnesota to Tennesse earlier this year. Seems everytime we talk, he mentions something about a bass guy flipping his boat bow to stearn doing 80 mph. Like it happens all the time! At 80 mph, all you need to do is hit a small wake to put your boat into the tree tops!!! lol...

Hope the guy is ok.

By the way, my wife gets "The Look" when backing our 4-speed manual, full size Chevy to load or unload the boat. Like they have never seen a gal who can simply drive!

Old 08-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

"The Look" is really easy to get when you're browsing through lures in the lure department. Sometimes, I feel like saying, "Listen, mister,
I have more right to be here than you guys do in woman's lingerie!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Ness, the guys like to dream too, lol. good luck and good fishin, and good going too.
Den
Old 08-05-2002, 07:25 PM
HumorMan

Hey now, I like getting into women's lingerie!!