Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Larson 1750 FX TL - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Dang Wade, a response after only 3 minutes? What, do you have a Crestliner "keyword" alert sent to your iPhone?????

Hahahaha, HRG
What I have is an extreme boredom and access to the internet.
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default Larson FX

Wow! I had no intentions of buying a boat this year. But, last week I went to the local boat dealers [Weiland Marine] open house. When I saw the Larson FX it really got my attention. The very organized layout, detail & pricing were unbelievable. After several days & phone calls to Larson talking with engineers & test drivers, I made the deal with the helpful staff At Weilands. Should be the first in SD on the water this spring with the FXDC model.

Buddy09
Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Wallhanger

That's interesting and a very nice looking boat. I wasn't aware Larson made a "fishing" boat.
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 PM
hkteam

Thumbs up

Hi Buddy, Its sounds awesome.. did you buy the 1750 DC? Just curious.. what motor did you select for this?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Wallhanger

Default To say Crestliner Raptor rides good is farce lol

There are bunch Doctors in my area that have Crestliners and think there the best lol. Guess they have never took ride in Starcraft Fishmaster it's like night and day better. I want to take ride in Lund fisherman so I can compare. I did see video on youtube guy in champion boat on some river saying how well his boat took 3 foot waves. Waves lol they where not even white caps and was taking a serious pounding I thought. Each person has there own definition of smooth dry ride. Yes I am not brand happy either infact I have Crestliner now and did prefer my older rig.iStill really like my superhawk! Ha found video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsL8UMLQmds
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Slot Fish

Default larson 1750 boat

Ht Team,

Prior to buying the 1750dc I talked to people at Larson. They sent me the test data on performance tests using a full load & running a 115 & the 150 on the DC model. From those results I went with the 115 4 stroke Merc. The average speed in tests with the 115 was 40mph. The 150 average was 49mph. The hole shot to plane was about the same with both motors. I was hoping the 115 was enough motor since I didn't want to put a kicker on this boat. Also, I'am way past this "speed thing". I should mention the tests were done with a pretty good dry weight load. Two guys [350lb] & 120lbs of fuel with another 20lbs of tackle.

Hope this answered your question,
Buddy09
Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Keeper

Default larson

Hey Bud, I do quite a bit of casting, what is the layout like for a caster up front?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Slot Fish

Default larson boat

ZWalleye,

That is where my office is located on the front deck casting to those shallow walleyes on the NE lakes of South Dakota.
The deck area for a 17ft boat is very large with tons of very practical storage. This is what drew me to this boat. With it's low profile it should be easy to handle with the electric on our wind swept prairie lakes & shallow sloughs.

Hope this helps,
Buddy09
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM
hkteam

Lightbulb

Hey Buddy09,

Thanks for sharing that input about the test runs. I'm a little surprised that the 115 clips a constant 40 mph, but thats great news. I'm looking at buying one of these from a local dealer and going with the 140 Suzuki. Its lighter than the 150 + I would be thrilled with any top end speed near 45 MPH. And the 140 Suzuki costs much less than a 150. I'm a huge fan of the suzuki based on past experience. I have a 115 on my current boat for 8 years- bullet proof. I'm looking forward to being the first one on the water this year in MN with one of these!
PS. I also found online a test run with 150 ETEC, It was a SC, also clipped 49 MPH top speed.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default larson boat

hkteam,

Glad you also recognized what a great boat this is, congrats on your purchase.

Buddy09