Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Charity Dinner Raffle Friday Oct 3 Huron Ohio - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2014, 10:24 AM
FreeByrd Steve unlogged

Exclamation Charity Dinner Raffle Friday Oct 3 Huron Ohio

Charity Dinner Raffle set for Friday Oct 3 at Mesenburg Hall. This is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. 545 Cleveland Road West Huron, OH 44839 (about ½ mile West of the Huron Boat Basin)

We are carrying on the tradition that started as the Walleye Central Get Together & Charity Raffle. We’ve donated over $70,000 to various charities from this annual Get Together. One of Walleye Central’s mottos was “Fishermen Helping Fishermen.” We will be donating to the Wounded Warriors In Action Foundation again in 2014 to help them put on another Lake Erie event for Purple Heart Medal Recipients. We will also donate to the Outreach Walleye Club which introduces fishing to children throughout Ohio that wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to learn about fishing.

The raffle prizes are coming in as strong as ever. We have been posting photos of some of the larger prizes as they come in on this Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/279103805630211/

Dinner donation of $10 / person for a great meal from Mesenburg Catering. Doors will open at 5:30 to give people a chance to browse the great raffle prizes and purchase tickets while socializing with anglers from around the country that are in town for the sold out Fish Huron Walleye Challenge on Saturday Oct 4.

There will be an open “Bragging Rights” Big Walleye contest open to the public as well on Saturday Oct 4. Sign-Ups for this will take place Friday night at $20 per team with the weigh in running in conjunction with the Fish Huron weigh in Saturday Oct 4 at 3:30 PM held at the Huron Boat Basin.

Hope to see you Friday night at the dinner and/or Saturday at the Weigh-In.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

Exclamation Raffle Prizes

Here are some of the awesome donations we have so far.

Big Thanks to Cisco Fishing Systems, Offshore Tackle, Big Fish Tuff Tru-Trip Divers, Bert's Custom Tackle, Auto & Truck Accessories.

More photos to come...
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5269-img-0-full.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	111505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amish Outfitters 500.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	111513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Fish Tuff Tru Trip Divers.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	111521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Berts Custom Tackle 500.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	111529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Remot Start Pioneer Stereo.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	111537  

Old 09-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

See you Friday night! Hope to win some of that cool stuff...
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Wallhanger

Exclamation Raffle prizes

More raffle prize photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Reef Runner Skinny Sticks.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	111793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Warrior Lures.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	111801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro King Spoons.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	111809  
Old 10-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default Raffle Prizes

More prizes
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lowrance Elite 4 HDI Elite 5 Chirp Elite 7 Chirp.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	111817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tackle Boxes Dean Sellers Ford.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	111825   Click image for larger version

Name:	REDWINGS Tickets.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	111833  
Old 10-05-2014, 10:09 AM
FreeByrd unlogged

Default Fish Huron tournament cancelled drawing $$ awarded

As much as I wanted to have the teams fish I made the decision to cancel this morning after a delay. I took a boat that is significantly bigger than the bulk of the field would have been fishing inand went out to the North end of the Huron Dumping grounds to see conditions for myself. There is still a Small Craft Advisory issued for the Vermilion Zone (extends to Cranberry Creek Area) The SCA was discontinued for zones West of Vermilion. After checking with as many sources as I could and going out on the water myself, I ultimately decided to error on the side of safety. I understand that no matter what I decided there were people that weren't going to like it and that is the nature of running events on Lake Erie.

We ended up awarding a total of $28,450 between the main tournament payout, big fish payout, and the two optional side pots. One was the "Bragging Rights" tradition from Walleye Central that had 45 teams, and the Side Bet for the tournament that had 54 Teams.

Most people stayed around for the drawing - only one team that won $$ was not present and they have been contacted to arrange for payment.

Bragging Rights
$500 "Concrete Fun" boat 86
$300 "Team Reel Science" boat 55
$100 "Walleye 1 Kinobie" boat 23

Fish Huron Marine Max Big Fish
$600 "Budman" boat 7
$300 "Berk-Eye" boat 9
$100 "C-Goin II" boat 45

Fish Huron South Shore Marine Pursuit / Grady White Boats
$5000 "Hooked Up" boat 74
$3500 "Elbow Deep" boat 37
$2500 "Lorenzo's Pizza" boat 34
$2000 "Crazy Ranger" boat 56
$1500 "Eye Spankers" boat 49
$1200 "1 more fish" boat 24
$1000 "Julie Anne" boat 51
$900 "Fintastic" boat 1
$800 "Bite Me" boat 29
$700 "Eye Bustin" boat 10
$600 "Lund # 1" boat 44
$500 "Good ol Boys" boat 93
$400 "T-Bone" boat 39
$350 "6 Click" boat 32
$300 "Pink Crusher" boat 46

SIDE BET
$4050 "Guns Hoses & Outlaws" boat 35
$1350 "Bite Me" boat 29

We also had a fantastic turnout for the Charity Raffle Dinner with our best year ever in terms of the amount of donations. We will have final numbers from that after expenses early in the week but it looks like we will have over $10,000 to donate to charity - so THANK YOU for allowing us to carry on the tradition started with the Walleye Central Get Together of "FISHERMEN HELPING FISHERMEN"

Steve Carlson
Old 10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Wallhanger

Default Thanks to the sponsors

HUGE THANK YOU TO THE GENEROUS PRODUCT & CASH SPONSORS THAT MAKE THINGS POSSIBLE:
Audiovox, Big Papa Sportfishing Products, Blue Dolphin Charters, Cranberry Creek Marina, Offshore Tackle, Silver Streak Lures, Cisco Fishing Systems, American Angler Knifes, Erieau Marina, Auto & Truck Accessories, Amish Outfitters, Hi Tech Custom Baits, Winfield Tackle, Marine Tech Products, Dean Sellers Ford, Okuma Fishing Products, Warrior Spoons & Lures, Tempress, Mike's Taxidermy, Bert's Custom Tackle, Pro King Spoons, Fishermen’s Wharf, Lurk Divers & Disc's, Rodmaker’s Shop, Navico / Lowrance Electronics, Reef Runner Lures, Walleye 101, Suburban Collection, World Wide Marine Ins, Rho Mar Insurance, Chicago Parts 7 Sound, Big Fish Tuff Tackle, & Huron Boat Basin, Mesenburg Catering, Marine Max Catawba Island, Vic’s Sports Center, South Shore Marine, Jerry Cox, Wounded Warriors In Action, Outreach Walleye Club.

PLEASE SUPPORT THOSE THAT SUPPORT US – AND LET THEM KNOW THAT WE APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT.