Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
trailer pulls hard - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
I agree with Phil and HRG, cover the boat when you trailer. Make sure you keep something in the bow of the boat to prop up the cover. You don't want it pushing down into the windsheild and breaking it.

I get 1-2mpg increase when I tow with the cover on.
X3 on this.

I see a HUGE difference in mpg and how hard the truck is working between tarped up and open with the bubbles on. It['s also critical to have support on the tarp to keep it tight and keep the shape, a loose billowing tarp will cancel out the gain while potentially damaging the boat. It's worth putting the travel tarp on if you're hitting the highway at all.

Tire pressure and axle alignment are all that's left.

Unfortunately, the long and short of it is that you're not going to see much better mpgs than you are right now no matter what you do with the boat/trailer, that's just the nature of the beast when towing, especially with a gas engine.

The only sure fire way to increase mpg - slow down lol.

Waxy