Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for information on a Savage 111 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Keeper

Default Looking for information on a Savage 111

Looking to buy a Savage 111 or Browning Stalker x bolt. Any thoughts or other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Wallhanger

Default Savage 111

Take a look at the savage shooters forum http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...board,7.0.html
If there is a question it has been asked there. I've been shooting a 110 .30-06 for years and have been so happy with it I find no reason to look at another brand. They may not be as pretty as some of the other brands, but they can shoot. Mine likes some loads better than others but I haven't found any that it shoots too bad. Federal Fusion 165 grain give me groups just under 1/2 inch. Not to bad for a stock rifle and only a little trigger adjustment that you can do yourself at home.

JJ Scully
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

Buy the one whose stock puts your eye in line with a scope. Every brand has different stock dimensions, so shop for a rifle that fits you. Only paper targets and prairie dogs stand still while you're shooting at them.
If the Savage fits better, use the $$ you save to buy a better scope.
If you like pretty, look at the Savage 114 model, it's a lot nicer looking than the 111, but costs more.
Both rifles have reputations for more accuracy than needed for game hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Wallhanger

I just picked up my new 111FCNS in 270 Win. (Thank you Sis for the birthday gift- and she asked if I wanted something that would last a long time, like a nice watch or jewelry or maybe a gun since mine was stolen- DUH! silly question!)-

Anyway, have to get scope mounted before head to range, but am anxious to shoot it. This has the new Accustock. The feel aand shoulder comes up just right. I like the synthetic stocks, because you will almost certainly bang or bump it on first trip to woods, and then the pretty wood finish has its first scratch/ding. It is a hunting rifle, and I intend to use it, not abuse it, because I work to keep it and treat it with care, but accidents do happen.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Wallhanger

Been itching to get my new Savage 111FCNS to the range to zero it in but it is so hot here, would need some liquid nitrogen to cool down the barrel after every shot. Talked with friend who said he went to range last Sat, and his barrel stayed hot, so he quit. When its 100deg plus, the barrel cant cool off.