Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2014 lund 186 pro-v w/ 200 veradoo - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 01-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Minnow

Default 2014 lund 186 pro-v w/ 200 veradoo

I have a vibration on low rpm. After increasing rpm up to 2500 the vibration goes away. i had my dealer and merc run this motor {everythink is fine] .Is anyone else having any vibration problems ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Yup they vibrate

Assume you have the L4. I had several of them and they do have a tendency to vibrate! Very annoying. Dealer did change the hub on the shaft that the props sits on as I recall to a plastic one and it helped some but still vibrated!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Wallhanger

Somebody else on here had an issue with Verado vibration and posted a YouTube video of it..... For a search on here and YouTube.
Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 w/co-pilot
Scotty 1101 Depthmaster electric downriggers
Humminbird 788CI Combo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Keeper

Default Probably normal....here's what I found

I had a 200 Verado with a Tempest prop that would vibrate at idle. It is a common thing with high horsepower motors and stainless props. As you described, the vibration is gone as soon as you are up in RPM and on plane. The flo torque IV is designed to help minimize that vibration. I tried the normal hub and the IV. The IV was a little better but the vibration was still there.

Outside of the vibration being annoying, it didn't hurt anything. There was quite a bit of info about it if you google it.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Wallhanger

Default Common issue on in-line 4 cyl 4 strokes...

...since you're only firing 2 cylinders per revolution. I have a similar bit of prop rattle/vibration at low speed idle in gear with my 150 Merc 4S and a Tempest prop. I discovered that switching to a Trophy Plus 4 blade- which has a small hub and thus vents around and through the hub eliminated the vibration completely. I suspect that the exhaust flow over the small hub at low speeds is providing a dampening effect on the engine to lower the felt vibration. As Mr Ducks and Oilguy have posted, the latest FloTorque IV hubs help a bit, but they don't eliminate the vibration altogether.

The only downside to the Trophy Plus props is that they don't hold plane at low speeds as well as a full hub prop. In my case I have a fairly light boat so this has not been an issue. If you're interested, just borrow a Trophy Plus in any pitch for a quick test at low speeds to see if that helps on the Verado.
Doug
Old 01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
polish walleye master

Default this is pretty normal for an L4

I have a budy who owns the same boat with the same motor and complains about this all the time. Every dealer has told him the same thing that there is nothing wrong it's just what a mercury does. If this issue is something you can't live with you might need to trade the motor in on a HONDA. Or, walleye camander might be right and you have beer cans rolling around in a compartment. LOL,
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish walleye master View Post
I have a budy who owns the same boat with the same motor and complains about this all the time. Every dealer has told him the same thing that there is nothing wrong it's just what a mercury does. If this issue is something you can't live with you might need to trade the motor in on a HONDA. Or, walleye camander might be right and you have beer cans rolling around in a compartment. LOL,

Don't trade your motor. If you really can't stand the vibration, try another prop. Like I said earlier, stainless props have a tendancy to give more vibration at idle speeds. That's why Merc came up with a different Hub to try and dampen the vibration.